Priceline Hotel: 3* Miami (Downtown) Radisson

jimmythemonkey
By jimmythemonkey,
in

Hello!

First of all, I would like to thank you for providing such an infomative and valuable forum. After reading all of the great info here, I ventured over to Priceline. It was my intent to bid for a 3* Miami Downtown hotel for a 2 night pre-cruise stay on 12-31-03 and 1-1-04. After a number of attempts, I was ultimately unable to get both nights at the same hotel......perhaps New Year's Eve had something to do with it. At any rate, here are the bidding details. As a side note, I stayed at the Miami Intercontinental (Mia, Downtown 4*) pre-cruise for 2 nights last January at 140.00 per night and the Wyndham Miami Beach (Miami Beach 4*) post-cruise for 216.00 per night for 3 nights. (our travel agent booked these rooms, ouch!!). Needless to say, I am delighted that after reading this forum, I was able to use Priceline and save some $$$$.

Bidding Details for Miami Downtown 3* for 2 nights 12-31-03 and 1-1-04

11-29-03

Bid #1 - $35.00 Downtown Miami 3*, Rejected

Bid #2 - $40.00 added rebid zone Key Biscayne, Rejected

Bid #3 - $45.00 added rebid zone North Miami, Rejected

Bid #4 - $50.00 added rebid zone SW Miami, Rejected

12-1-03 (retry after 72 hours)

Bid #1 - $42.00 Downtown Miami 3*, Rejected

Bid #2 - $50.00 added rebid zone North Miami, Rejected

Bid #3 - $55.00 added rebid zone SW Miami, Rejected

Bid #4 - $60.00 added rebid zone Key Biscayne, Rejected

12-4-03 (retry after 72 hours)

Bid #1 - $52.00 Downtown Miami 3*, Rejected

Bid #2 - $62.00 added rebid zone North Miami, Rejected

Bid #3 - $65.00 added rebid zone SW Miami, Rejected

Bid #4 - $70.00 added rebid zone Key Biscayne, Rejected

After these three attempts, I decided it might be best to split up the 2 nights and cross my fingers hoping to get the same hotel for both nights. I didn't end up getting the same hotel for both nights, but I am pleased with what I was able to get under the circumstances. Here are the bidding details:

12-4-03, Bidding for 1 night 12-31-03, Miami Downtown 3*

Bid #1 - $28.00 Downtown Miami 3*, Rejected

Bid #2 - $33.00 added rebid zone North Miami, Rejected

Bid #3 - $38.00 added rebid zone SW Miami, Rejected

Bid #4 - $45.00 added rebid zone Key Biscayne, Accepted

Total for 1 night 12-31-03 Hyatt Miami Downtown 3* 45.00 (57.35 Total with fees and taxes)

12-4-03, Bidding for 1 night 1-1-04, Miami Downtown 3*

Bid #1 - $25.00 Downtown Miami 3*, Rejected

Bid #2 - $35.00 added rebid zone North Miami, Accepted

Total for 1 night 1-1-04 Radisson Miami Downtown 3* 35.00 (45.87 Total with fees and taxes)

Jimmy

EDIT (by thereuare): i put lines thru Key Biscayne because it's not a true re-bid zone (explained in next post) and i don't want to confuse other users that read this

Welcome to BetterBidding!

I'm glad we were able to help and that all your plans are now cofirmed.

FYI, Key Biscanyne is not a legitimate re-bid zone. Although this zone currently only offers Resort level bidding, your star level with Priceline is a minimum level that you are willing to accept... so your 3* bid could have been upgraded to a Resort and you would have been "stuck" with a hotel in Key Biscayne. I don't know if you knew this or not, and maybe you just figured that you weren't likely to see such a low bid accepted at a resort, but i wanted to make you aware of it for any future bids you may make. Although it seems unlikely of getting a resort accepted at such a low bid, we have indeed seen 3* hotel bids upgraded to 4* or Resort level properties.

I liked your posting style :) , but for future posts please try to only have one hotel per thread as it allows us to keep the titles uniform and makes the board a LOT neater and easier to scan.

Thanks again for posting your results and sharing your experiences with us!!

Enjoy your stay(s).

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hi Thereuare,

Thank you so much for the heads up on Key Biscayne. Yes, I used it as a rebid because I figured that it would be highly unlikely that I would get that area for such a low bid as I know that the hotels in that zone, such as the Sonesta, are quite pricey, and I did realize it was a bit risky and not truly a rebid zone. Conversely, I would have been thrilled if indeed I had gotten Key Biscayne for such a bargain price!

Thank you so much for all of your help..

Jimmy

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]