Priceline Hotel: help on DC hotel!

threeseasons
By threeseasons,
in

This is the first time I visit this site. My friend recommends it to me. Why can't I have such a smart idea? :)

Now, let's talk about the business. I will visit DC from Sep.14- 17. I have a car with me. Here's my question:

1) if i stay in DC downtown, hotels don't provide free parking, don't they? how much do they charge usually?

2) if i stay in DC suburbs, where hotels probably provides free parking (not sure, but that's what i expect), is it convenient to tak the metro?

3) taking parking fee, metro fare into consideration, do you recommend staying in DC downtown or suburbs?

thanks a lot for your suggestion!

Downtown DC -

The hotels we stayed usually charged $20 for self parking and $26 for valet parking (of course than you need to tip the valet). Some hotels (e.g., Wydham Washington DC) only have valet parking. Some hotels (e.g., Grand Hyatt Washington DC) restrick self-parking by not allowing in-and-out privileges. For saturday nights we were able to find free parking on the street when we stayed at Foggy Bottom, White House and Convention Center areas. However, it would not be the case for the week days.

DC suburbs -

We did not have to pay for parking. However, I do not know if all the hotels have a shuttle to a metro station.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]