CA Pleasanton Residence Inn

zbenye
By zbenye,
in

Standard Residence Inn, located on the outskirts of Pleasanton, right on I-580.

The suite was large and comfortable. Unremarkable furnishing.

Standard vanity and bathroom. Hair dryer and the usual amenities.

The suite had a work desk; coffee maker; full kitchen; two phones; high-speed Internet - $9.95; local calls - $.75, no charge for 800 calls. There is a TV lounge by the lobby that has one high-speed Ethernet jack that's free to use.

Awesome complimentary expanded breakfast buffet.

Free parking.

Outside pool, hot tub.

No additional charges by the hotel.

• 3 years later...

Stayed 2 nights (3/16/07 - 3/18/07). All rooms at the Marriott properties are now all Non-Smoking (woo-hoo!). We were given a King suite on the first floor facing the freeway, amazingly quiet (as long as your windows are closed). The living room sofa-bed opens into a twin size only. Comfortable king bed w/ down blanket. Extra bedding supplied in closet for sofa-bed. Room/kitchen/bathroom all very clean. Housekeeping came late in the aftenoon.

Didn't get to use the pool, was closed for maintanence.

Included hot breakfast buffet was terrific, plentiful & attendant constantly replenishing breakfast items.

Very convenient location next to freeway (680), BART station, and very close to Stoneridge Mall (w/ restaurants). A car is still needed (not w/in walking distance).

Overall, very nice stay.

• 3 months later...

2.5* Residence Inn-This is my favorite Priceline win in the area. Nice gym, pool and hot tub. Good breakfast buffet. Friendly front desk. Free internet and room with computers. Good channel selection on TV including Disney. Have stayed here multiple times from 2006-2007 and stays were always good. Also Marriotts are all non-smoking.

• 11 months later...

Just got back from my stay at the residence inn. The place is terrible. Got the priceline treatment from the word go. Asked for 2 beds and was told priceline cotracts for 1 bed suites only. The room was miles from the lobby. Once in the room we called the desk as we had no ice and no internet cable. The desk jerk said that they have ice, vending and cables at the desk, but not in the rooms or on the floors. I told him that would have been nice to know before walking miles to the room. I would never pay to stay at a residence inn and will try to avoid bid strategies that might stick me with one.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]