Priceline Hotel: 3* Detroit (Airport DTW) Metropolitan Hotel

nick5
By nick5,
in

After reading FAQ, I checked EasyclickTravel to look for a back up. But all were too far from the airport or over 100.00.

I'm interested in *3 star at less than 60.00. I see that Marriott has been a winning bid for the DTW detroit airport area. I called them and they said that priceline customers can use the shuttle and also parking. I could do a 2.5 star but would perfer airport shuttle service but could use a taxi if needed. (as long as we can park and fly) Sounds like I'm being picky, but typically we have stayed at Westin for park and fly at 119.00 a night and it included up to 8 days of parking. (it was worth it) This time they are quoting 259.00 for park and fly. (mid week pricing I"m guessing) Marriott is running 199.00 for their park and fly. And 189.00 as they lowest rate.

I did do a bid tonight for Detroit Airport Area, *3, 40.00, and was rejected. No counter offer.

Any advice will be appreciated. If you just think I should wait a few weeks, I can do that too.

Cheryl

When bidding 3* in the DTW area you have one re-bid zone. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 3* Airport...

Bid $45, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $50.

If the above is rejected wait 24 hours and:

Select 3* Airport...

Bid $55, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $60.

This will systematically take you up to your maximum bid.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

>When bidding 3* in the DTW area you have one re-bid zone.

Would not Livonia, Canton and Plymouth be re-bid zones as they do not list a *3 star?

In addition, as stated in the FAQ for re-bidding, I will not use Dearborn as a re-bidding zone even though they have no 3* because they recently upgraded the Hyatt and Dearborn Inn to 4* so they have the option of giving me that.

What "one" re-bid zone were you referring too?

Cheryl

Thanks for your help.

When you search for Livonia, Canton or Plymouth do you get an option to bid on the DTW Airport zone?

When entering Detroit as the city to search by none of those cities are presented as options... so there is no way to include them in your DTW bid and use them as re-bid zones.

You can only add zones that are shown as options on the same page as the DTW zone.

Does it make any more sense? (or am i missing something)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Sorry for the confusion, you were right. Only one rebid area, Taylor. Did take your advice. Started with 40.00 DTW area, rejected but counter offer to up bid by 12.00. I said no, then added Taylor upping bid by 5.00. Accepted. BUT not happy with my win, but that is the way it works with priceline.

*3 star 12/12/06 one night

The Metropolitan Hotel

31500 Wick Road

Detroit, Michigan 48174

Let's look at the bright side of this:

(1) Going by the address, this was recently a Doubletree.

(2) It's pretty highly ranked and well-reviewed by most people.

(3) Apparently it had some level of renovation last year.

(4) Free breakfast.

(5) Free cookie at check-in.

(6) Free Internet.

(7) Free airport shuttle.

(8) Park&fly available - maybe you could negotiate a fee?

(9) Significant savings over rack rate of $89.

(10) VERY convenient to airport.

It's not so bad, right? :)

Mark: You put a smile back on my face. Thank you for taking the time to find and post the positive. I think my disappointment was that recently Marriott was coming up as the *3 star winning bid in DTW. And I had already called them about park and fly parking at no charge and they had 24hr shuttle. (one of our flights is getting in on the red eye and some places don't run real early or late.) Marriott said Priceliners were more than welcome at no extra cost. BUT as you said, Metropololitan Hotel has been re-done AND has cookies! :)

Thanks again Mark and thanks again Thereuare for creating the friendly environment at BetterBidding.

Cheryl

• 3 weeks later...

The Metropolitan was until a few months ago a Doubletree property. I often stay at DTW area and always preferred it over the Marriott when I would win it on Priceline. So fear not, it is a nice property. It is the closest hotel to the airport, literally overlooking the runways. Also, there is a remote parking area directly across the street that I believe is in the $8/day range, so that would be a good option for you.

• 3 months later...

Thought I already did a follow up but did not see it posted.

We ended up really happy with this property. The place is getting a bit worn and hallways needed cleaned better but the room was very clean and the bed was close to Westin's Heavenly bed. The staff was very friendly and they gave us a voucher for parking at the "Park and Go" across the street when I asked about how the shuttles and parking worked for DTW airport. We did not have the complimentary breakfast as we were flying out early but they said they have two hot entree's daily along with a selection of cold choices and fruit.

I was leery with it no longer a Doubletree but they seem to be offering all the same amenities.

Cheryl

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]