Priceline Hotel: 4* Chicago (Millenium-Loop-Grant Park) Swissotel

szrc
By szrc,
in

Thought I'd share my results w/ everyone.

Was looking for 4* in NMA/Loop zones with little preference between the two. Based on tone363's experience, I was relatively confident that I'd get something <= $110. Came up with the following strategy:

NMA: $66

Loop: $70

NMA+S: $74

Loop+S: $78

NMA+M: $82

Loop+M: $86

NMA+S+M: $90

Loop+S+M: $94

NMA+Loop: $98

NMA+Loop+S: $102

NMA+Loop+M: $106

NMA+Loop+S+M: $110

Got flat-out rejected through $90; got counteroffers of +$22 at $94, $98, and $102; finally won the Swissotel at $106.

Pretty happy overall; the Swissotel sounds nice. (Any experiences?)

I'll be checking in relatively late on a Saturday, so hopefully room availability isn't an issue...

The Swiss is a very nice hotel and many rooms offer great views. It is a couple blocks to Michigan Ave.

Cheaper Snacks/Toiletries: Walk a couple of blocks West of the Hotel to Michigan Ave. Walk about 2-3 blocks South on Michigan Ave. - there's a CVS on the East side of the street and a Walgreens on the West side of the street.

There's a Corner Bakery on the corner of Wacker and Michigan, a couple of blocks East of the hotel - a good choice for quick breakfast/lunch/dinner.

The Swissotel is lovely. I was maid-of-honor for a friend who booked via Hotwire for the night before her wedding and the night of her wedding.

The room was quite large, by Chicago standards, and the staff was very accomodating to having 3 people in a room booked for two, and even went out of their way to provide treats for the newlyweds the next night.

The hotel is a bit hard to get to by car ... we found driving North on Michigan Ave. was the best way to approach it. (but a breeze on foot)

Parking was a bit pricey, but overall we had no complaints.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]