Hotwire Hotel: Timing

tapia
By tapia,
in

Can anyone tell me how early I can start bidding for a hotel? I looked and there seem to not be any good hotels on there now. While there are some, I'd be interested in the West area and nothing shows up. I'm going to want to stay from June 6-7 of 2007.

Thank you!!!!

you can look 330 days in advance on Hotwire or bid on priceline

Sorry for the additional question.........since it's less than 330 days, can I just assume the hotels aren't available for that date or is it too early to be bidding?

Thank you so much for the info!

Hi

If that is not some special event date then the hotels may not have given inventory to Hotwire yet. I would keep checking to see if availability opens up.

If your plans are definite and this is some special date then you could take one of the Downtown hotels.

If it were me I would try to book a cancellable backup and then keep checking rates and availability with HOTWIRE (since priceline does not have a West zone)to see if you could get a better deal.

If it were me, Id book a cancellable back up and wait for some time. We stay in Vancouver a couple of times a year and have disovered that we often have to wait until close to the arrival date to get a good Priceline rate.

Having said that it's a good idea to keep checking Hotwire and there's no harm in bidding on Priceline whenenver you fele like it. Are you looking for a 4star and what kind of price are you hoping to pay.?

But remember thant neither Hotwire nor Priceline is cancellable.

This is a planned date since I'm going to be staying in Vancouver for a day after my cruise. So, I'm positive on it. I am fine to book, even if I can't cancel.

I'm looking for a 4*. Where do you think I should book in the meantime? (Just a place that's clean is my priority.)

Thank you!

since it's less than 330 days, can I just assume the hotels aren't available for that date or is it too early to be bidding?
Have you tried bidding this already and were rejected? If not, what would make you think that there is no inventory availalbe? If you have bid already, what amount did you bid?
I'd check a few rates using Travelocity"]Travelocity or Expedia
Easiest way to check rates is with our BetterChecker research tool :)
I'm looking for a 4*. Where do you think I should book in the meantime? (Just a place that's clean is my priority.)
This seems somewhat contradictory... most people are willing to accept a place less than 4* if all they're looking for a is a place that is 'clean'. Is star quality or price your priority?

If you let us know the above, as well as your maximum bid, we will be in a position to suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thank you, I will try better checked. I would like 4* or better if bidding in the West area on Hotwire. I'd rather do hotwire than priceline b/c I really don't want to stay at the Hilton and I'm worried that's what I would get on priceline. Also, I like the idea of the West area.

Would I be willing to stay in some place nice and clean as a backup just in case I can't get a bid to work--you bet. (since I'm REALLY hoping the biding will work)

Thanks for all your time & I will check betterchecker.

I'm sorry, I do know the difference.

Pardon me. I revised my earlier post a bit below:

"Thank you, I will try better checked. I would like 4* or better in the West area on Hotwire. I'd rather do hotwire than priceline b/c I really don't want to stay at the Hilton and I'm worried that's what I would get on priceline. Also, I like the idea of the West area--since Priceline is not broken out by area, that's another plus. Also, on hotwire, mostly I can see what I'm getting if I compare and use this great site.

Would I be willing to stay in some place nice and clean as a backup just in case NOTHING comes up on Hotwire in the West area. But, I'm sure (at least I hope) it's because it's too early to bid OR get results on Hotwire. Hence, my question. I have never tried to reserve on Hotwire / Priceline this early, so I was hoping someone could answer why nothing would come up in the West area. I was hoping they weren't already sold out or something and someone could just tell me it may be too early.

When using the BetterChecker do you see availabilty and are rates 'normal'? If so then it is probably just too early for this stay.

If you're seeing hotels sold-out (via their own websites) or rates extremely expensive for the area, then there could be something else going on to explain the lack of inventory.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 1 month later...

4-star hotel in Downtown Vancouver West

Boutique Hotel, Pool(s), Laundry, Kitchenette, Fitness Center, Restaurants(s), High Speed Internet, Spa Services, Customer Favorite

I'm thinking the Pacific Palisades?

This is for July 6-7.

Thanks!

Think it's a good deal also?

• 4 weeks later...

As someone who is from Vancouver.... I hope you don't mind if I comment but "downtown" Vancouver includes the "west side" of Vancouver... they are one in the same and at most you'll be a short walk from where you want to go. Cruises leave from Canada Place which is downtown so you can't really go wrong with anything down there (Westin, Hilton, Fairmont, etc) if that's where you will be. If you go outside of downtown then you're across a bridge into "West Vancouver" which is a different city altogether and definately not anywhere close to where you'd want to be.

Not sure if this made sense... but if I was taking a cruise out of Vancouver I would just look for downtown!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]