Priceline Hotel: 4* Times Square

krishusc
By krishusc,
in

Hello, I am looking to get a room in the Times Square (MTW) area from 9/1-3. It is the Friday and Saturday night of a holiday weekend. Do you have any experienced recommendations on how much to bid?

My budget is flexible, but I was thinking of starting bids at 150 and going up to 190 if needed.

Thanks for putting this site together. I've read the bidding FAQ and priceline tips + maps pages.

Krishna

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Are you willing to include any other areas besides MTW? For the typical tourist, just about any 4* midtown hotel will be centrally located enough for getting around easily enough, and most also bid MTE and UM/CPS to increase their chances of success.

Let us know if you want to include these other two zones as well, or stick to only the MTW zone, and we'll suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

At the 4* level you have two re-bid zones available. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4* MTW...

Bid $140, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $150, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $160, if rejcted close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* MTE...

Bid $160, if rejcted close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* UM/CPS...

Select 4* MTW and MTE...

Bid $165, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $170, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $175, if rejcted close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* MTW and UM/CPS...

Bid $165, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $170, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $175, if rejcted close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* MTW and MTE and UM/CPS...

Bid $180, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $185, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $190.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

My girlfriend was getting nervous, and wanted me to to get the room situation figured out last night, so here's what I did:

4 star:

MTW 140, rebid 150, rebid 160

MTE 140, rebid 150, rebid 170

UM/CPS 140, rebid 150, rebid 170

MTW + MTE + UM/CPS 175, rebid 190, rebid 200

3 star:

MTW 110

All bids were rejected, so I booked a 3-star in Midtown South on Priceline for $139 per night (i.e. without using Name your own Price).

I used the SavingsBarn link, and made the purchase last night.

Thanks....

Yes, it was the La Quinta Manhattan-Midtown. 139.99 per night for a Queen bed non-smoking. 3 stars, but upon Googling, one website lists it at 2.5 stars. Reviews are mixed, but I still feel happy about getting a confirmed non-smoking room during a holiday weekend at this rate.... :)

Krish

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]