ihqazi
By ihqazi,
in

Four Points Sheraton Washington

White House - Downtown

1201 K Street Nw

Washington, District Of Columbia 20005

202-289-7600

I went to DC just for a day for rally over at Lafayette Park beside the white house and wanted a hotel within walking distance to it. Thought maybe try to get the Capitol Hilton for 75 from priceline but no luck, got this new 2.5* hotel for $68.

It was nice 4 Points Sheraton and they put us in a standard room on the 9th floor. The checkin staff was nice even though it was 2 am. She even put us on a highest floor for better view and more away from the construction noise next door. I scored a meter parking right outside the hotel when I arrived and since it was a weekend I could leave my car there the whole day. The garage is valet only and is 28 standard rate for the area. However, I noticed it was full on Saturday and someone else also said in a review that their garage is small and gets full a lot.

The interior was nice and they had free Wifi and internet connections in rooms which is a nice bonus. Did not go to the fitness area or pool but they were avaialble. Also, didn't go to the restaurant and we arrive too late for the room service, but the restaurant in the hotel is rated one of the 10 best in DC. There are also some nice corner cafes on the same block and a CVS pharmacy about 2 blocks away. The location is good being only .5 miles from whitehouse. Not as close as places as capitol hilton, but even my very pregnant wife did not mind the walk over to the sites.

The only thing that I can criticize is the very small bathroom. The room was a little small but the bathroom was tiny. However, in general the property was nice, good location and pleasant staff; I would not mind staying there again.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]