IL Chicago Wyndham Airport OHare ORD

mstove
By mstove,
in

Located right next to O'Hare

We stayed at the 3* Chicago (Airport OHare ORD) Wyndham for $70 on 7/26/06.

First, the two positives: The location (we were flying to China the next day, so nothing beat the location and ease of getting to O'Hare) and the price ($70 was quite good, IMO)

Now my Wyndham complaints. This is the second time we have stayed at a Wyndham through Priceline. The other was this winter in Milwaukee. Both times, we have received what I consider to be "priceline rooms" and service.

Both times, the clerk noted that we were priceline customers at check-in. This time, the clerk said literally nothing else to us and merely put our keys on the counter. She had just spent a bunch of time telling the person in front of us how to get to the room and describing the hotels facilities.

Then the room was out of shape. This was also the second time for that. The first time, I decided it was just a coincidence, but two in a row is more than that, I believe.

This hotel room had a broken phone by the bed (could not be plugged into the jack) and several lights that didn't work no matter what combo of switches were turned. One didn't have a bulb. The room in general was lacking the quality I was expecting, but this stuff would be hard to go unnoticed for too long.

FTR - both my wife and I worked in hotels when we were in college and just after. I have worked in housekeeping, maintenance and at the front desk. I don't believe this room was receiving the appropriate attention and would guess it is one of the last to be rented or is typically given to someone staying at a lower price than available through the company.

Wyndham is certainly free to do that. And, frankly location was 99% of the decision for us this time anyway. But, as a partner in my own company who is in charge of his business travel (which, for many reasons is not done through priceline or hotwire), I would hesitate to stay at a chain for regular price that doesn't treat all their guests well. I don't expect upgrades or any sort of beneficial/superior treatment through these bookings. But, I will certainly remember how they treat those who do not have as much control over the situation.

So, for $70, it was a fine place to stay. But, so is a Red Roof Inn and I can cancel that reservation if I need to change plans.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]