Hotwire Hotel: 2.5* Boston (Back Bay-Copley Square) Best Western Roundhouse

aussieabroad
By aussieabroad,
in

Beware of Hotwire's definition of this area. I bid on a hotel which was not that cheap - but was cheap for the Back Bay/Copley square neighbourhood. THAT WOULD BE BECAUSE IT IS NOT IN THE BACK BAY/COPLEY SQUARE NEIGHBOURHOOD IN ANYONE'S MIND EXCEPT HOTWIRES. They have been really misleading - The hotel I "won" is the Best Western Roundhouse which is really in South End/South Boston. This is a much dodgier area than Back Bay and is much further from where I want to go while in Boston - also the Hotwire price was not very cheap for this area. You are better-off going with the Downtown area - or better still, GO WITH PRICELINE.

I contacted Hotwire immediately to voice my dissatisfaction, but of course, they have done nothing and say I have to lump it. I will not be using Hotwire again but I also just hope no one else has to make the same mistake I made.

Did you look at Hotwire's Zone Map for the Back Bay-Copley Square area BEFORE you bid?

If so, is this hotel is their defined zone for Back Bay-Copley Square?

I won't use Hotwire for Syracuse Airport/Carousel because the area is too big. I emailed Hotwire and they said they will look at rezoning it. Until they do, however, I won't use Hotwire in that area as it's just to risky

Can you please add the dates, price paid, and the amenties that are associated with this property... this is the information that will best help others avoid this property if they choose to do so.

You can still view this information by going to HOTWIRE and clicking on the MY ACCOUNT link near the top right of their home page.

We'll then comment on your situation above.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Dates - 11-13 Sept, price $161 per night pre taxes for 2 people, amenities were Airport Shuttle, Complimentary Breakfast and Fitness Center

I sort of looked at the zone, but did not really compute thast it was larger than everyone else's definition - I know buyer beware, but you do expect a certain level of uniformity... (I have learnt a valuable lesson)

The Best Western website has that hotel for your dates for $149 (as "Best Rate"). This should qualify for the Double the Difference Guarantee as long as you file your claim within 48 hours of bidding.

At least then you'd be entitled to a $24/night refund...

You could also take a moment to search around and see if you find a rate elsewhere that qualifies under the guarantee (I didn't find any). Just observe the 48 hour window.

Let us know how it goes!

• 3 weeks later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]