France Paris Sofitel Forum Rive Gauche

Sam
By Sam,
in

I arrived at around 9 pm at the desk where I asked for my reservation. The desk clerk on duty looked in the computer and went into the office. I am not sure whether for what reason but I had the impression to ask how to deal with this. He came back and went back again. After around 15 minutes I was finally able to get my key...which of course was not working (what happened to old fashioned thing which you have to put into the door and turn around, it always worked for me).

The room I got was not next to fire escape or anything else unusual. Although, it looked a bit beaten up. The annoyance was coming later that evening. I noticed that you could hear your neighbour every time he/she is going to the bathroom or is going to take a bath. It was like somebody was busy in my bath.

The rooms are spacious but the interior is not that nice. The lobby is nothing exceptional in my humble opinion. You have a fitness room, which I did not visit, and I think 2 restaurants and a bar. There are also some shops in the hotel. :) I expected a bit more of a Sofitel hotel and was glad that I did not pay the regular price of 250 Euro but booked via Priceline instead.

• 1 year later...
  • 4 years later...

I believe that this hotel is now the Marriott Rive Gauche.

We stayed at this Marriott for two nights in June 2009. I was a bit worried since this hotel doesn't get the best reviews on trip advisor, but we wanted to stay somewhere inexpensive and it seems this hotel is a frequent win on Priceline.

When we won our bid, we made a call to the hotel and requested a non-smoking room and an early check-in for noon. The hotel staff was very accommodating, and fulfilled both requests. Our room was on the 10th floor, and was quite large and very clean. We can't report back much more about the hotel itself since we didn't spend much time there at all.

One complaint, from other reviews that I read, is that the hotel is far from everything. While you can't walk out the door and arrive at the Louvre after a five minute walk, the hotel is conveniently located about a five minute walk from a stop on the RER B line (Denfert-Rochereau) which connects to both Paris Nord and CDG. I seem to remember a sign for a bus to Orly there as well. There are also various other subway lines that pass here too.

Finally, we found a nice creperie that wasn't too far from the hotel. The name is "Le val au vent" and the address is 316 rue Saint-Jacques. This certainly isn't a fancy place, but the crepes were good, and the owner is extremely nice. The prices were also very reasonable.

We were very happy with our stay.

• 11 months later...

My son just got back from the Priceline win here and said he would love tp go back to the same place. Great beds. Great transportation. The Orly bus at the door, as mentioned, and 5 minutes away the RER to CDG! Sounds like it is worth the little inconvenience. His other option was a 2* hotel near a friend's house for the same price.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]