Priceline Hotel: 3* Seattle (Downtown) Renaissance

arizonagirl
By arizonagirl,
in

Is the add a night feature a one shot deal?

I booked a room on Priceline for a Friday and Saturday night stay, and wanted to add Thursday. I knew I'd have to bid more for the Thursday than I paid for the other nights, but when I tried to add it either it wouldn't let me change my bid or I didn't think it would because I bid the same amount I had for the other two nights. Of course, it was rejected.

I've checked my reservation again to try to add another night and it won't let me now. PL "help" says that Add A Night is available only when "You have not already requested additional nights for this trip."

So have I blown it? Has anybody on this Board had a similar experience?

I really wanted to stay from 9/28-10/1, but I bid up to $95 for a 3* and kept getting rejected. I figured it was the Thursday night that was doing me in and rebid for only the Friday and Saturday. Starated off at $55, added a zone and went to $61, added a zone and went to $65, where I was finally accepted.

Check-In Date: Friday, September 29, 2006

Check-Out Date: Sunday, October 1, 2006

Renaissance Seattle Hotel

515 Madison Street

Seattle, Washington 98104

206-583-0300

Your Offer Price: $65.00

Number of Rooms: 1

Number of Nights: 2

Subtotal: $130.00

Taxes and Service Fees: $26.87

Total Charges: $156.87

So after I bid, I looked up the hotel to find out if I could book Thursday night direct. It's offered at $300/night. So I tried the Priceline Add A Night feature, but for whatever reason ended up trying to add the night at $65, which was summarily rejected. I want to keep trying to add a night, but I'm wondering if it was a one-shot deal and it won't ever let me try to add a night onto this bid again. (I also posted this question on the main board).

Anyway, used the SB link, and wanted to say thanks to board again (and the intrepid soul who bid on this same weekend a couple of days before me).

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and for using the links at SavingsBarn.com to begin your priceline purchase.

The Add-A-Nite feature is a "one change" option.

Have you tried EasyClickTravel or HOTWIRE?

While in Seattle check out my often recommended "half price early bird lounge menu" at Brasa.

Enjoy your stay, let us know if we can be of further help for your remaining nite (but please start a NEW TOPIC to do so).

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]