Priceline Hotel: 4* Vancouver Hyatt Regency

tufty2000
By tufty2000,
in

My wife and I are going to stay in Vancouver for two days following a cruise, on August 26 to August 28. I checked hotwire, and there's a 4-star in Vancouver West for $151, a 3-star in the entertainment district for $125 and a 4-star in the entertainment district for $172.

I would like to stay near downtown (I've never been to Vancouver so I don't know how easy getting around is). Priceline has an area called "Vancouver", and then some other neighborhoods where it looks like you could end up quite away from downtown.

Any advice on what to bid on priceline? I'd like to pay $125 or less, and wondered if getting a 4-star is realistic.

By the way, this is my first time on this forum and I love the moderator's block M. Go blue.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

When bidding 4* in Vancouver you have three re-bid zones avaialble. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4* Vancouver...

Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $80, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $90.

If the above is rejected, wait 24 hours and bid as follows:

Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $100, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $105, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $110.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes.

PS- go blue!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I think you need to back up a minute... do you understand, that when done properly, re-bidding is adding a zone that you couldn't possibly receive? (because it only contains star ratings lower than the minimum you selected)

You added (Coquitlam-Burnaby) and that is not a re-bid zone!! It's a good thing that you're bid was rejected because you could have ended up there.

Why dont' we take it one step at a time.... list each zone within Vancouver and the highest star rating available within each zone. To determine the highest star rating available, use the technique in Priceline Re-Bidding Explained:

The way to check what star levels are available in each zone is to open a Priceline page, check ONLY the zone you are inquiring about, and then proceed to the next page (as if you were going to select a zone)... this will give you the available star ratings in that area. You can then hit BACK on your browser, uncheck the current box, check the next box, and repeat the process. It is important to do this before EACH attempt at adding a zone that you really don't want, as new hotels can be added and the star ratings can change at any time.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hyatt is nice! I don't know if the remodel is done or not. I stayed at Le Soleli hotel during my visit to Vancouver in Aug 05. It was very nice property, close to everything in a walking distance (I basically walk my way in downtown vancouver). Its very nice time to visit in Augest and the foods are GReAT! enjoy ur stay.

The remdel is well on its' way but not nearly finished. The expected date for completion is now the Spring of 2007.

Tufty, if you haven't done so, do read my short review of this property. I stayed there last month on Priceline and had a gorgeous, renovated room. I'd suggest you ask if there are any available when you check in.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]