Priceline Hotel: 2.5* Somerset-Brunswick (Somerset-Piscataway-So Plainfield) Staybridge

biddingforhotel
By biddingforhotel,
in

Cool! I am able to repeat this at $45!!! :)

Basically, I just followed your bidding sequence carefully. I chose Somerset 2.5* and bid on $33 (in case hit Marriot still min, unlike last week I got it at $45 at first bid), not got it, then add Lebanon and bid $37 (in case get Courtyard still min), rejected, add Bridgewater and bid $39 (in case hit Holiday Inn Select Clinton min), failed, add Edison Woodbridge, bid $45, got it!!!

I suspect $45 is not minimum, but it is already very good since weekday also has light dinner ...

Trying to check in after lunch, but got the suite not yet ready, so went back to change another one... Wow! you know, I got this 2br suites!!!

This suite has a meeting room with a round table with 5 chair, very good set up ... many TV, VCR, DVD players ...etc. a/c very cool!!! (this helps outside 102 degree!!!)

many people in swimming pool and kids in business center to use Internet computer ...

I decide to walk over to Courtyard next door to work... nice lobby with compliementary Internet ...

Courtyard has direct connection to the brand new Ruby Tuesday that I ate there when it grand open not long ago, very nice ... comparing all these places, Staybridge seems to have coolest a/c.

Going back to Staybridge for a light dinner 5pm to 7pm.

Nice light dinner with chips, drinks, salad, hot dogs and cookies ... good enough for me ...

Then went back to room, so nice, the sofa, then lots of phone calls on helping people to buy condos, they bought because they feel I must be very successful or why can I stayed at Presidential Suites...

later came to the business center to use computer; somehow this Presidential Suites does not have Internet access but a meeting room...

Now, I am back again after 6:30am complimentary breakfast, which is great as usual. So I connect my portable to their eithernet board here ...

That's the only issue so far, the common area does not have wireless Internet ... May be I can bring in my $5 wireless router next time to connect to the ethernet box, then the whole place will have complimentary wireless Internet access ...

I was showing their IT staff last night to replace IE to a much better and faster browser that would make their old computer 10 times faster on surfing Internet ...

So strange! I went talk to front desk and somehow they only saw ONE reservation for tonight???? but my PL status shows 3 entries now!!! One for Aug 1 and another Aug 2, then the new one shown Aug 1 and 2 ... why?

Btw, the laundry is free, 3 washers and 3 dryers; they are good machines, now washing my clothes ... while I had breakfast and on Internet ...

It is great that I can hook up Internet from their box, and the box can in fact connect 8 machines ...

So, here is the tip, if you ever came here, bring your Intenet wireless router and hook up to one of 8 ports, then you can have wireless access at many different nice corners at the common area ... or even the pool side or BBQ area ...

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]