Priceline Hotel: 3* Orlando (WDW) Buena Vista Palace

Loric
By Loric,
in

Won on 6/29 for same day, had to rebid up to $65 starting from $45, had trouble getting this day as noted in win for tomorrow (Hilton WDW for $60).

This hotel is just flat out horrible.

Resort Fee is $13.38, and covers some cheapo bottles of water in the room, self parking (which i was told was complimentary as i entered), newspaper only mon-fri, fitness equipment use and other otherwise standard offerings - they even say it covers the use of padded lounge chairs at the pool.

I'm writing this from the hotel at 4am because they're actually vaccuming outside my door at 4am!

Amoung other things, the walls are paper thin so i can hear and comprehend other people's conversations, the music from the lobby travels up through an atrium opening and can be heard 24/7 in the room, the bath tub is constantly leaking from the spigot and thus rusting, and the resort interactive TV doesn't function.

There was a note on the dresser about their rennovation process, stating how running water in the rooms might not be available from 9am to 5pm!

If i had payed rack rate i'd be livid. At the moment, i'm just extremely annoyed.

Internet is $9.95, not for 24 hours, but rather until 12 noon the next day. Thus, if you bought it at 11am, it would stop working after 1 hour and yet they'd charge you full price.

This hotel used to be the Wyndham Palace and I can see why the company does not want to be associated with it any further. I plan on writing priceline and asking them to reconsider their star rating.

I agree with you about the hotel's status, but I don't think priceline could rate it lower then a 3* due to its amenities. I would suggest that Priceline just no longer works with them because of the many complaints, like with the Nikki Bird. It's sad because it really is a nice resort but it's not taken care of properly.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]