Priceline Hotel: Bid assistance newbie: 3* Detroit (Downtown) Marriott at Renaissance C

clovergirl
By clovergirl,
in

Hi I'm new here and would love to get a suggested bidding strategy to obtain a Priceline reservation for

Downtown Detroit, Marriott - Renaissance Center.

My goal is to be booked in this hotel specifically and definately not within any other zone in Detroit.

Check In on 8/2/06

Check Out on 8/5/06

Full price for room here is listed as: $229

The most recent succesful bid I've found for this hotel was listed on another site as:

-----------------------------------------------------

3* Marriott Renaissance, DTW, 6/30-7/1, $67

Bid 3x

$60 - rejected

$65 - rejected

$67 - accepted.

plus tax $16.01

Total - $83.01

-----------------------------------------------------

The most recent successful bid listed on betterbidding is from April '06 and the winning price was $65:

message link-

http://www.betterbidding.com/index.php?showtopic=23658&

Your advice is very much appreciated :)

Hi there,

Yes, I am willing to take my chances getting a hotel other than the Marriot Rennaissance, but just not anything outside of the Downtown zone. I realize that it is not guaranteed to get a particular hotel, although looking at the Hotel list on this site for Detroit, it looks like the 3* options are either the Marriot Ren. or the Omni. I could live with the Omni, it's just that I have a seminar at the Marriot. In any case, as long as it's downtown, I could at least take a cab. However, looking at previous posts, it looked like 3* bids in downtown seemed to end up with only the Marriot Ren. or the Omni...so I figured it was likely to be low risk that I would end up with any other hotel. Any strategy suggestions welcome for a 3* in that zone.

:)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]