Priceline Hotel: 1* Jersey City (Newark-Meadowlands) Rejected

afterthought
By afterthought,
in

there have been no winning bids reported at the 1* level in the Jersey City zone, what would make you think that you might get the Holland Motor Lodge?

What are your dates of travel and maximum budget? Will you have a car?

Please read the following: Getting Started and use the links provided on this friendly board so that it can remain a free resource for all

i did notice that no 1*s had been reported...just taking a guess based on hotels in the area, assuming there would be a possibility of a 1* as it is an option on priceline. not advisable i'm guessing.

anyway...i needed 1 room, for the night of 09/06 at a maximum of $85.

rates for the date are

3* Hyatt Regency $269 (AAA)

3* Doubletree $239

2.5* Courtyard $249

2* Candlewood Suites N/A

the Holland is my backup and the basis for my maximum+, but the above rates really made this seem unrealistic.

i won't have a car, so wanted to be close to the PATH as i'm staying at the Hudson in Manhattan 09/05 and am leaving from Penn Station 09/07. i was unable to extend my stay as rates at the Hudson (and Manhattan) increased for the 6th...this day being a last minute addition. i've bid up to my maximum for JC a couple times over the past couple weeks. would Secaucus-Meadowlands be a good alternative? any advice would be great, as i am indeed a 'newbie'.

incidentally my previous bid at 2.5* was via SavingsBarn.

i suspected it might be one of the chains out there, but priceline's JC zone is bounded by Marin Blvd, Exchange Place, and 16th St just north of the Holland Tunnel.

i'm hoping it isn't meant to be misleading, though perhaps not worth the risk just in case. would it be worth waiting until a couple weeks out to bid 3*...as that timeframe seems to be the trend with lower bid wins in this area?

what would you suggest i bid for a 1*, with rates at the Holland at $73 (just as a basis for a 1*)?

thanks again for your help...and of course this great forum!

You are correct, it is Hotwire's Jersey City zone which extends to Rte1&9.

I can't predict if rates will go down (or up :) ) between now and your stay, but with current rates as you posted above it seems doubtful that you'd be successful at $85 or less in the Jersey City area.

HOTWIRE does has a 2.5* in the Secaucus/Meadowlands which for $84/nite. This is a match for the AmeriSuites so that would be our best guess, and if correct, there is a bus right outside the door which will take you into Manhattan (~20 minutes).

Would that work for your needs?

Let us know your thoughts and/or what you decide. If you do book the above, please begin your purchases with this HOTWIRE link.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

thereuare...thanks for finding this!

it looks like a great deal, as Amerisuites lowest rate is $179. checking out the #320 bus schedule (found through the article stay NJ visit NY in a previous post) it also looks quite convenient.

i figure i'll wait it out as i'm really only looking for a place to crash, and really like the flexibility of the 24h PATH. but i'll keep the Meadowlands area in mind for hotwire.

but i'll be sure to remember to bid through the SB link...and the HOTWIRE link provided.

thanks again for all your help :)

No pressure from us either way, but do keep in mind that if you choose to continue to wait, the HOTWIRE offer could no longer appear on a search for your dates.

Of course rates in Jersey City could also come down while you wait, but i just don't want to see you "wait and watch", have rates go up, and then not have the above offer available to book.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]