Priceline Hotel: Help with Baton Rouge

garyford
By garyford,
in

Ive gone all the way up to $100 for 3* on Baton Rouge for 8/25-8/27. I'm about to give up and do Expedia for $121... Trying to get the Sheraton Baton Rouge Convention Center Hotel.

Anybody know the threshold for 3* or what hotels there are for 2.5 star downtown and what the prices are there?

Thanks... first time post!

Welcome to BetterBidding!

This is how i would play it:

Book the Sheraton Baton Rouge for $161/nite (please use this previous link to do so).

Then, apply to Sheraton's Best Rate Guarantee, using Expedia's $121 as the lower rate. If your claim is approved (i don't see why it wouldn't be) they'll match the $121 plus give you an extra 10% off, for a net price of $109/nite (about $3 more than you've already bid after adding on Priceline's fee... and you know the hotel you'll be getting is the one you want).

If for any reason your claim is denied, the $161/nite rate is cancellable up until 6pm day of arrival, so you can always cancel without penalty. Once you have the above secured for $109, you can then make a decision to see if you: 1) keep this reservation, 2) continue to try for a different 4* property but at lower bid amounts, 3) try for a lower star rated hotel.

Please use the Sheraton link above or that in our Support Page to begin your purchase, or if you use Expedia, please use our link to them.

Your thoughts or questions on the above?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 4 months later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]