Priceline Hotel: Need help

galva
By galva,
in

We are a family of five with a 13, 10 and 2. We are looking for a 2 day stay in San Francisco. We would like a location that has a pool and is close to trolleys and other attractions. Should I book 2 rooms since I have the 2 year old? How do I bid? Sorry, it is my first time on this website. Thank you!

We are a family of 5 with 2 pre teens and one toddler. Do most hotels require you to book 2 rooms because of our quantity even though the youngest is a toddler? I am looking for a 2 day stay in San Francisco close to trolleys and attractions, we really don't want to drive around. What area do you suggest?

I would think you would most certainly need two rooms, expecially in San Francisco where there are a fair number of hotels with small rooms. For further discussion on this topic see the related link in our PRICELINE FAQ.

Is a pool a want or a need? There is no way to designate a hotel with a pool when bidding on Priceline. If this is important to you then you may want to consider HOTWIRE where the amenities (indicating whether there is a pool or not) will be shown to you before you make your purchase. We can often also help figure out which hotel it is you're looking at beforehand.

After reading the previously link let us know which direction you'd like to go and we'll advise accordingly.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I think it was San Francisco that someone told me that the occupancy in the rooms has a max based on fire regulations. Please check that out, as there might not even be hotels that allow 4 per room. If the only concern is the beds (not enough room for the 2 year old), I'd bring or buy a $5 air mattress and use a couple of extra blankets from your beds. Many of the hotels charge upwards of $30 or more to bring up a cot.

But theruare is absolutely right, most of the rooms are small -- if you need 2 beds you will most likely have to book a specific hotel to accommodate (Priceline/Hotwire would be too risky unless you go for a 2nd room). Although, for the price of 2 rooms, you may be able to get a suite somewhere (depending on your budget).

Cheers.

P.S. As for locations in SF, anything around Union Square would be really convenient for walking, shopping and dining as well as good transportation options. It's quite flat in that neighbourhood too, if you'll be pushing a stroller (which I did last time I was there).

I've stayed in other neighbourhoods, but I think you'll find any zone that includes Union Square will be optimum for a first-time visit with kids.

SF is fantastic -- enjoy.

Hope this is okay to post (if not, please delete). We are a party of 5 as well. I've been watching for a good deal via HOTWIRE for a couple rooms in SFO for 3 nights in mid-August. Yesterday I found a deal on Travelzoo.com for the Holiday Inn Golden Gateway for $89 night. They do allow up to 5 in a room and have a pool. It is a little out of the way, but is on the California St cable car turnaround. You might give it a try for your dates.

I booked it for our trip, but have up to 24 hours prior to reservation to cancel. If it is a bad location (unsafe) please let me know and I will go back to the drawning board.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]