Priceline Hotel: Bidding Help Please-Hyatt Maui June 2007

dseigel
By dseigel,
in

Sorry, there's no way that I know of to ensure you get any specific propery when you use Hotwire or Priceline. You have a general idea, but it's a gamble...no guarantees.

Also...from what I can tell based on these boards and what people post AFTER a win, the Hyatt seems to come up very seldom. Usually the Sheraton is what people win.

I have stayed at the Sheraton before and we loved it, we won it on Priceline in 2005 for $150. I also have it booked again for part of my August trip as my "Plan B" while I work on WINNING it (or another resort) for cheaper on Priceline. I can't compare the Hyatt to the Sheraton because I haven't stayed at both properties. From the sounds of what I've read, the Hyatt has a nicer pool, but the Sheraton is on a better stretch of beach. For the record, my huband and I liked the pool/lazy river/hot tub at the Sheraton just fine.

The Sheraton is also on Black Rock and in my mind, that can't be beat. It's very pretty and the snorkelling right off the beach there is great.

Maybe call the Hyatt and see if they'll give you a group rate for the block of rooms you need.

Good luck!

Not only can't you guarantee a specific hotel, but given that both priceline and HOTWIRE have a maximum room per purchase of 4 rooms, you can't even guarantee that you will receive the same hotel for each purchase.

If you do end up booking direct please consider our Hyatt and Sheraton links at found in our support page.

As you firm up your plans and know your flexibility let us know and we will try to help, whether it be an opaque or non-opaque purchase.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I haven't used these myself, but I've read on some Hawaii travel forums about certificates you can purchase for the Hyatt's in Hawaii (and worldwide). Do a search on "Hyatt Hotels & Resorts Elite Certificate". I believe it makes it about $249 a night which IS a very good rate compared to the cheapest room during that time of $391. That is, if there's no blackout dates etc. -- you'll have to do some thorough research before spending that much on certificates...

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]