Priceline Hotel: 3* New Jersey - Jersey City

candawg
By candawg,
in

I've been frustrated in my attempts so far. Been bidding $90-95 hoping to get 2 rooms for 4 nights, Aug. 14-Aug. 18. I like the idea of being close to the PATH eventhough I will have a vehicle I don't want to navigate Manhattan by car.

I've been using the Elizabeth re-bid zone, is that correct?

I'm hoping to get the any of Doubletree, Hyatt or Courtyard.

I have a "just in case cancellable" booking at the Springhill Suites Newark Airport at $154 per night although right now I could book at the non-refundable 14 day in advance rate of $113 per night. I'm tempted to do that, especially given the free parking, but I'd really like to get into the Hyatt and would be willing to pay up to $120 to get in there.

Can I please get a step by step strategy. Thanks so much.

I have 7 people in my group and I don't want to have to do any splitting.

I would certainly accept either the Courtyard at 2 1/2 * or the Candlewood Suites which I have read good things about.

Why do I want to avoid staying by the airport is it the traffic? I know that the Springhill Suites is a pretty nice

property and has all of the amenities that we're looking for.

If you have a car it's not as bad to stay here versus not having a car, but it's far from ideal.

There is nothing in the immediate area to walk to, the drive to the PATH each day will get old quick (not like just hopping on a bus/train and taking as many trips as you'd like in a day), and each of your days above are weekdays so you'll likely have to pay for parking near whichever PATH train you select.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

You can't bid for a specific hotel...

How about the Wyndham Suites or the Amerisuites, both in Secaucus, which both appear to be available for your dates within your price range thru HOTWIRE. Will also give the you the 'luxury' of a little extra space given the triple/quad occupancy you're seeking.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I'm getting pretty nervous at this point......I'm leaving for Cleveland tomorrow morning at 5:00 am so I won't be able to continue bidding between tomorrow and Tuesday night when I get back. If it was just my family alone to think about I wouldn't mind leaving things right to the last minute but I've got another family to think about. I would hate to lose the opportunity at the $113 rate with the Springhill Suites which requires a 14 day advance booking by waiting to try and get a little better location. Maybe I should go ahead and book that and live with the consequences. What do you think.

I haven't committed to the Springhill yet.....here's what I tried today on Priceline via SavingsBarn: 2 Rooms arriving Aug. 14 departing Aug. 18

Jersey City 3*

Bid $90 - rejected

re-bid with Elizabeth $95 rejected

Went back in

Secaucaus-Meadowlands 3*

Bid $70 - rejected

re-bid with Jersey City $75 rejected

re-bid with Elizabeth $80 rejected

Any advice for a further strategy for tomorrow?

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]