Priceline Hotel: 4* San Jose (Sunnyvale-Sanata Clara) Hilton Santa Clara

giantsfan
By giantsfan,
in

Thanks for your advice regarding bid prices for a 4* in Santa Clara. I bid $45 for a Friday night, 7/21, and was

told by priceline to increase it by $13 and I'd get it. So I went ahead and tried it and was able to secure the

Hilton for $58. Not sure if it is 4* but it was nice. I think the other 4* is the Hyatt next door so you really can't

go wrong. Trying on a weekend helps a lot since these are business hotels.

Being a Hilton Honors member I called the hotel directly to attach the honors number to my reservation and requested an

upgrade to the executive level. I was granted this request but had to pay another $20 but it was well worth it. First

of all, the rooms are larger, beds are nicer AND you get access to the executive lounge where you get appetizers

and free drinks, including beer and wine, in the evening and hot breakfast in the morning. There were four of us

in the room so that was a tremendous savings. Plus it was a really hot weekend so we able to get about 12 cold

water bottles during our stay.

I checked the website and same room booked from hilton.com would have been $119 and we ended up paying

$78. Thanks again to this forum for their advice. Good Luck bidding!!!

I bid $45 for a Friday night, 7/21, and was

told by priceline to increase it by $13 and I'd get it. So I went ahead and tried it and was able to secure the

Hilton for $58.

Thanks for posting your winning bid. If case you're not already aware, Priceline will almost always accept less than their counteroffer amount. In most cases about half the counteroffer, or $51/$52 in your case. In order to "beat" the counteroffer, you would have to add a free rebid zone and place another bid. Hope that's helpful to you in your future bidding.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]