NJ Morristown Hyatt Florham Park

micawber
By micawber,
in

This is a relatively brand-new hotel, converted from an older office building in a plaza with similar 70's style architecture. Hence the reason the hotel is, at this writing, obtainable at very reasonable prices. It is convenient to 287.

This is definitely a 3* and not a 4*, but that said, the hotel is very nice. Parking prices are posted at the entrance to the hotel, clearly indicating that self-park is free. Lobby was clearly brand-new. Spacious and clean.

Check-in was swift. The clerk noted that I did not indicate a smoking preference, I asked for non-smoking, he asked if I wanted two doubles or a king, I asked for a king. No problems getting those. Priceline was not mentioned, when reviewing the account he noted "pre-paid via Internet". Asked me about parking, I told him we wanted to self-park, and he gave very clear directions in the garage. Multiple entry is also fine, you just need to get your ticket validated at the front desk each time you want to leave.

The elevators are somewhat slow. There was always a crowd waiting downstairs. We found ourselves waiting with a large crowd there for a wedding. Our room was on the 4th floor, facing the side of the building, with a view of the rooftops of the cinema and other buildings nearby. The view was nothing to write home about, but we didn't care.

The room was a decent size. Desk, arm chair and ottoman (very comfortable for reading), refrigerator (not mini-bar, which I appreciate). The bathroom was nothing special but clean and adequate. The bed was the nicest thing about the room, Hyatt's competition to the Westin's "heavenly bed". We noted the room service menu, which was reasonable and serving until midnight. The health club looked attractive but I didn't bring workout clothes.

For dinner, we walked down the street and there were many options, from casual dining to more formal. We walked down near the town square and found "The Famished Frog" which was a nice local bistro. The food was fine but nothing to write home about. The downtown is quaint but pretty much deserted on the weekend. There is a large Century 21 in the heart of downtown. If you like to self-cater, there is a Kings grocery store near where you'll get off of 287 whether you are coming from north or south.

The room did have its quirks - the toilet would run unless you jiggled the handle, one of the lamps was decidedly crooked, and the drapes were not blackout. The only real negative was our room's proximity to either an adjacent nightclub or the ballrooms, as the loud bassline from that area went on until after 1am. If I had wanted to go to sleep early it might have been more of an issue, but since this was a mini-vacation it wasn't much of a problem. But something to keep in mind if you are put on a low floor - if you are a light sleeper you might want to mention that or ask if there were any events at the hotel that might keep you up from the noise.

Checkout was swift, they want everyone using the self check out machines, and here I got a chance to put in a FF number since there was no record that I was a priceline member in the machine.

All in all, for the $41 PL base price, it was absolutely fine, but not the nicest hyatt ever - and i prefer hyatts. i definitely wouldn't have paid more for this hotel.

• 1 year later...

Stayed one night with 2 rooms at the 3* Morristown Hyatt on Aug 5, 2007. Won priceline at $43 + 10fees each.

This is an older Hyatt in downtown Morristown, but fairly well kept. Complementary parking below hotel. Elevator from parking garage was out of service, so had to lug bags up stairs. No mention of priceline on checking in, and the desk gave me 2 beds when I asked. Our room doors were old metal type and did not seal well - I could see light around it when closed. A/C was older and noisy. But the room was well kept, bathroom acceptable, and beds were very comfortable and quality. There was no complementary internet or complementary breakfast. There was a large nice gym connected to the hotel with complementary use

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]