Priceline Hotel: Chicago Hotel

icefire25
By icefire25,
in

Hi everyone,

I'm very excited about going to Chicago for the first time, from 9/8/06-9/11/06 (3 nights total).

However, I am having no luck finding a hotel in the North Michigan Area (NMA) or the Loop Area. I've tried Priceline for up to $190 per night. I've gone from 4 stars all the way down to 2 star hotels.

The hotels I called all said they are sold out because there is an International Manufacturing Convention there that weekend. Please help! Any help is appreciated.

These are my ideal Priceline criterias:

NMA (north michigan area--i won't be renting a car)

$150/night (could be up to $200 if i must)

4 star hotel/even 3 star

Thanks in advance.

It seems that you have <almost> bid up to your maximum. Your options come down to:

1) wait it out and try again

2) SPLITTING YOUR PRICELINE BID

3) raise your maximum

4) lower your star rating

Have you look at HOTWIRE? They have a few 4* properties from $225-$260 as well as a 3* under $200.

If any of these interest you let us know and we'll try to help you identify them.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Chicago's convention Web site says 90,000 delegates for this one. That seems a bit high, but we get a handful of 50-60K conventions a year. The actual dates are Sep 6-13, btw.

I never say impossible, and I've gotten hotels during peak periods at other times. But it is going to be very difficult to hit with PL/HW on this one. If you hit for anything decent, it is likely to be at the last minute as people cancel. Might be time to offer my conveniently located Gold Coast couch for $300/night again.

You can still probably stay in the one of the airport zones (ORD or MDW) for under $100. I found some published rates for about that much after a quick check.

Yeah, maybe the 10th (Sunday) and/or the 9th (Saturday) are a lot easier. You may want to try to bolt down those nights first, starting relatively low. Then work the 8th separately, reserving a cancelable backup and staying outside downtown if necessary.

The Bears are *at* Green bay that weekend; were the game in chicago there would be additional hotel demand from Packers fans, but it's not an issue here.

• 3 weeks later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]