Priceline Hotel: Downtown/Copley or Cambridge - Aug 1st-2nd?

Swede
By Swede,
in

Hi,

I've previously recieved excellent help on this board and am now hoping that someone can help me with a hotel for August 1st, 1 night. I'm considering either the downtown area, copley or even cambridge and am aiming at paying around $130-150. Can you help me with bidding levels for priceline? Or maybe tell me some good value hotels which can be worth checking out?

I've looked around on a lot of sites recently and this date seems to be very expensive for a decent hotel.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Best regards,

Swede

There is a 20,000 person convention going on during your stay. Many hotels are sold out, or have rates well above $300/night. Hotwire isn't showing much availability, so you may not have success on Priceline within your price range.

Quikbook has the Bulfinch hotel, reviews, located near North Station for $179/night. If you want to give Priceline a try, let us know and we'll assist you.

The large convention surely explains why everything seems sold out during that period.

The Bulfinch sounds like a great alternative and $179/night seems like an good deal.

I'd still like to give priceline a go with the hopes of finding a similar hotel for a lower price. Any advice on what price range to try at?

Thanks!

If you have questions, please ask before bidding. You can start with either of the first three, depending on which area is your preferred area. This starts off at $100 and jumps quicker than usual as rates are high for your dates and it's quickly approaching (i.e. if you aren't swede and/or are looking for other dates - Don't try this for your trip).

Select 4* Downtown

Bid $100, if rejected add rebid area 1...

Bid $110, if rejected add rebid area 2...

Bid $120, if rejected add rebid area 3...

Bid $130, if rejected close browser and open a new window

Select 4* Copley

Select 4* Cambridge

Select 4* Downtown and Copley

Bid $135, if rejected add rebid area 1...

Bid $140, if rejected add rebid area 2...

Bid $145, if rejected add rebid area 3...

Bid $150, if rejected close browser and open a new window

Select 4* Cambridge and Copley

Bid $135, if rejected add rebid area 1...

Bid $140, if rejected add rebid area 2...

Bid $145, if rejected add rebid area 3...

Bid $150, if rejected close browser and open a new window

I tried bidding for a room in downtown, copley and cambridge (first 3 suggested bidding strats) and went up to $130 in all areas without any success.

We have now decided to stay outisde Boston instead and found the Colonial Inn in Concord, MA at $149/night which I know is in a nice place.

Thanks for all the help!

I'm not sure you are aware of the tragic events of July 10: Big Dig Accident

This is creating a major impact on Boston's traffic, so commuting into the city willt take longer than normal. Other services (subway and commuter rail) are also seeing increased ridership, so parking may be scarce near the stations.

So if Boston is your final destination, this is something to consider when planning your commute into the city.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]