Priceline Hotel: No Luck PL 7/29-30 NMA/MP $140

betsybug
By betsybug,
in

After over a week of bidding I could get no room for this Fri-Sat weekend in NMA/MP for up to $140 for 2.5*-4*. Venetian Nights is Saturday night and -hey- it's summer in Chicago. I booked the Hilton Chicago for $189 as back up. Thanks to this board I learned of Easy Click. It got me this hotel for $124 by a request. Because I had not heard back from EC in 48 hours I called this am and was told it was confirmed late last night and a confirmation would be sent today by e-mail. And it was a real person who answered the phone!

The hotel has since sold out as have an increasing number of other others. Thanks to ThereuAre and this board teaching me how to use Easy Click, I have a great hotel for a $65 a night savings right across the street from the Venetian Nights lighted boat parade on Lake Michigan and fireworks at Grant Park.

I have also read the cautions on this board about EC on the Run of the House thread. I intend to keep my backup until I get the written EC confirmation, get a hotel confirmation # in addition to the EC reservation #, and call the Hilton to confirm.

Congrads on getting a room. I was not able to get a room either via priceline because July 20-23 is one of the busiest weekends in Chicago but the good folks at Better Bidding are so helpful. I ended up using EasyClickTravel (with the help of the (REVERSE EasyClickTravel) provided by Thereuare on this board.

I was able to use priceline for the start of my trip and the end of my trip. Long Live PriceLine!!

Cheryl

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]