Priceline Hotel: 4* Chicago (NMA) DoubleTree Guest Suites

MichiganMommy
By MichiganMommy,
in

Hello,

I bid for this hotel on 11/17/03 (1 week prior to arrival).

1st bid $55 for a 4*. I included 2 downtown zones (North Mich Ave and Loop?). This bid was rejected, but PRICELINE offered responded with a message that I could submit the same bid immediately if I upped my bid to $70. I did and it was accepted.

To summarize:

DoubleTree Guest Suites

$70

11/24/03 (bid 1 week prior to arrival)

4*

North Michigan Ave.

Compared to what I saw offered on Hotwire, this was a good deal.

Thanks everyone for posting! I really like reading the posts on this board before I bid.

Congratulations on your winning bid! (and Welcome to BetterBidding!)

I think you got a good deal, but you probably could have done a little better as the counter-offers can almost alway be under-cut, as discussed HERE. As well, feel free to ask for a bidding strategy in the future as you could have shaved a few dollars by adding RE-Bid Zones.

May not have made much of a difference in this one nite stay, but if you can save a few dollars per nite for a multiple nite stay, the savings can quickly add up. You may have also felt short on time and just wanted to 'get it over with' in which case none of the above applies, but i just wanted to make sure you know all your options for future bids.

Thanks for reporting your results and enjoy your stay... and GO BLUE!! :)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 weeks later...

We are back from our stay at the Doubletree Suites. It was a really nice hotel. We had a 2 room suite with 2 double beds in the bedroom. The living room had a sleeper sofa, easy chair and table with 4 chairs. The bathroom had two doors so it could be entered from either room. Both rooms had TVs. This hotel's website says that they have a refrigerator in the room. This is the minibar refrigerator. We turned down the key to the minibar, and thus did not have a refrigerator. This wasn't a problem for us.

Thereuare, thanks for the advice. I successfully used rebid zones for a Miami stay earlier this year, so I know that I probably could have rebid on this stay using that strategy. You were right about the time issues. I just didn't have time to figure out which zones I could add that didn't have any 4 star hotels. $70 was what we were prepared to pay for a Hampton Inn in Porter Indiana, so I was willing to pay that to stay downtown. The parking ($32) was a killer, but I knew it would be high. Oh well. It was worth it!

GO BLUE to you too!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]