Priceline Hotel: Resort Orlando (Universal-Sea World) Renaissance Resort

fuerion
By fuerion,
in

This wasn't the result I was looking for, but I'm happy with it after the trouble I went through. I didn't fully understand the "free-bids" before I booked a room, and I ended up winning the Hilton in Walt Disney World at $81. I didn't realize that resorts are included when you bid on a 4*, and I just picked the one of two areas I shouldn't have for a free bid. Luckily Priceline was very understanding when I called and I explained to them what an idiot I was. They cancelled my room with the understanding that there would be a cancellation fee, and that it would be larger if I didn't book a room within the next week. So, I am actually very grateful that Priceline let me off the hook even though I was the one trying to take advantage of free-bids.

I was aiming to get the Peabody, but I am satisified with the Renaissance nonetheless.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board.

Priceline cancellations are far and few between so you are lucky to have them cancel it. How much was the cancellation fee?

Was this your first bid in the Universal zone on the day you won this?

Feel free to ask for help before bidding on your next stay.

Enjoy your trip.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The cancellation fee was $25/night, so it was $150 for me. They are going to refund $125 back to me for booking another name your own price room within 7 days. So, I made a $25 mistake. I'm just glad they did the cancellation at all because I was 99% sure they weren't going to when I called. Live and learn I guess.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]