Priceline Hotel: HELP WITH SEATTLE RESERVATION PLEASE

LARL43
By LARL43,
in

I'm flying into Seattle on 7/17 very late, actually arriving 7/18 just after midnight. I need a room for 3 nights beginning the 17th. I'd like to stay near the amtrak station as I am leaving the 20th early morning on the train. I believe Downtown is the closest priceline region to the amtrak station, but I may be wrong. Having never been to Seattle I don't know much about the quality of hotels. I'd like to keep the cost under $100/night. Can I get a 4-star for this price? If not are the 3-stars good quality/location? If there is a significant difference in quality I'd be willing to go up to $125 for a 4-star. Thanks for always helping me with my vacation planning!

First, you need to confirm the location of the train station.

Second, $100 is usually not enough for a 4* in the Downtown area during the summer.

Third, look at the priceline hotel list, as well as the PRICELINE SEATTLE MAP for this area to determine if the hotels will be close enough for you. You can also use the hotel list to detmine what you want your maximum bid to be and if you would then want to lower to 3* or not. Note that if you do lower to 3* note that you you begin to get away from what many consider to be the 'downtown' area (near Pike's Place Market) and begin to increase the possibility of ending up near the Space Needle.

Let us know once you have confirmed the Downtown zone is where you want to be, your maximum bid and star rating, and we'll then advise on how to proceed with a bidding strategy.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

When bidding 4* in Seattle you have seven re-bid zones avaialble. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4* Downtown...

Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $100, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $105, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $110, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $115, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $125.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hi, I used to live in the Seattle area, but currently we have been sentenced to Groton, CT thanks to the USNAVY. We are returning to the area again -- we love it there. Anyway, we have used Priceline three times in the past few years. One time we got the Edgewater for 70, or 80, don't remember, with none of that bidding rezone stuff. That is a very nice place right on the water, three stars. The next time we got the Marriott Waterfront, very nice, but DON'T eat at the expensive Fish Club there; it is a total ripoff and it sucks. Two of these were summer and one was fall. Our friends got the Marriott Waterfront every time.

Next time we got the Crowne Plaza, also very nice three star. That was either 70 or 80 I just don't recall right now. All of these hotels were three stars. I heard one time someone got the Holiday Inn Express near the Space Needle, which, I would assume, is two and a half stars, but don't know. Don't stay in that area. You won't like it, believe me. Go eat at the crumpet place near the pike's market. I think it's around 3rd and Pine. I don't know the name, but it was awesome. Too bad I discovered it on my last visit to Seattle.

Hope this helps. DMC

If you look at the Priceline Hotel List you'll see the Holiday Inn is currently rated 3 stars. This is not the only 3* hotel that is near the Space Needle, which is why it's often recommended to keep your bidding at 4* when bidding Downtown in this area, or go with HOTWIRE which divides this area into two separate zones.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for all the advice. I used thereuare's strategy, and still had 1 rebid zone available at which point I bid $140 and was still rejected. Since the trip was planned already I just booked with a hotel directly in the downtown area. Guess that's just how it goes sometimes. I was unaware of the support links until today, but I will make a paypal contribution as this site has been VERY helpful.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]