Priceline Hotel: Rebid only allowed if I accept another star area?

mystro5
By mystro5,
in

Via savingbarn

While attempting to bid on Seattle Lake union area with only 2.5* hotels I was rejected..trying the rebid strategy I could not add areas without 2.5*'s for rebid,PL kept adding 3* areas so I halted bidding. I'm trying to bid only Lake Union hotels? I must have misunderstood how to do this? :)

You do have re-bid zones available here when bidding the 2.5* level so there is a mistake happening someplace (and i'm not sure what you mean by "PL kept adding 3* areas"... could explain further).

List each priceline zone and the highest star level available in each.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I will try and post what PL is offering when I select an area that does not have a 2.5 for rebid such as Bellevue..it adds cheks to 3* along with 2.5* (greyed out).

======================

We're sorry, but we couldn't find a hotel willing to accept your offer of $79 for a hotel room in the Seattle, WA area. Your credit card has not been charged for Request Number xxx.xxx.xx.xx.

To try your request again, change one or more items with a check.

Can you select additional areas where you can stay?

(checked) Bellevue - Redmond Details

Bothell Details

Downtown Seattle Details

Everett Details

(checked) Lake Union Details

Lynnwood - Edmonds Details

Renton - Kent Details

Seattle Airport (SEA) Details

Univ of Washington - Northgate Details

Select All Zones

Click here to see a Map of the Seattle, WA area.

Can you select additional star levels?

4-Star Deluxe

( now checked and greyed out) 3-Star Upscale

(checked and greyed out) 2

When bidding 2.5* PL also checks the 3* box because you can be upgraded to 3* if a 3* hotel is with in your bid range. After you get rejected for a 2.5* bid you can't try to bid any higher star rating in the same zone,PLs system will not let you.

I think that the problem is that you have previously bid (Bellevue - Redmond) which is not a re-bid zone. If you think it is a re-bid zone re-read the Priceline Re-Bidding Explained thread and then, as mentioned above, list each priceline zone and the highest star level available in each.

If you do understand re-bidding, close your browser and re-access priceline however you did previously. Then select Lake Union and a re-bid zone(s) and continue your bidding.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

From what I could find,most of the areas near seattle have 3* PL rated hotels but since I was trying to stay at lake union which only have 2.5* hotels trying to add areas that did not have 2.5 for the rebid would not work PL would not allow..they only accept another bid with the added *upgrade* 3* star which will take me out of Lake Union area. Thanks all

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]