Priceline Hotel: las vegas

lewis kravet
By lewis kravet,
in

my family is also planning a trip to vegas and my question is ---- When you bid on a room, how many people can stay? We are a family of 4 ( 2 adults and 2 children) Is there a charge for more than 2 people?

We want to stay from 9/3 to 9/8. any suggestions? 4 star hotel would be fine!

I would also like suggestions as to what hotel would be best for an 11 year old boy and a 16 year old girl.

First, Priceline only guarantees double occupancy, after that it is at the discretion of the hotel; so you may or may not want to use priceline in this instance. HOTWIRE allows you choose up to quad occupancy. See the related thread in our PRICELINE FAQ for occupancy issues with each service. (or are you seeking 2 rooms?)

Second, what is your budget, as that will play a major factor in the best hotels available within your budget.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I've never really had a problem with 4 in a room on priceline. The only real exceptions I've heard of are boutique hotels in places like NYC and San Fran. Usually, you can call after getting the room and request 2 queen or double beds. That said there is no guarantee so if you must be 100% sure then you should book elsewhere.

If you're willing to split your stay, you can get the Mandalay Bay's Summer Bliss deal for $119 a night (2 queen beds) on some of your nights:

09/03 - $189.95

09/04 - $119.95

09/05 - $119.95

09/06 - $189.95

The following link was sent to me today by Mandalay Bay:

Mandalay Bay

(if this link doesn't work for you, call them)

I also think you have a legit shot at the Venetian via priceline for around $150, as it appears to list for $193 on Hotwire.

If I were you, I would go for the Venetian via priceline and bid up as high as you are willing to go (don't forget about tax!).

There are many, many free rebids so you could bid in $2 increments.

For an explanation of free rebids, consult the General Priceline Tips Priceline Tips Re-Bidding section.

You may want to look at one of my recent bid histories for a good example on how to get many bids when you have multiple free rebid zones. Don't forget to close and reopen your browser between bids when adding a new zone.

See:

Bidding Tips

Good Luck.

Most vegas hotels are now charing for more than double occupancy... as much as $30/nite per person!! :) Even the Venetian, mentioned above, will charge for more than double occupancy (if you declare the quad occupancy upon check-in) at $15/pp per nite (which adds $120 to your four nite stay!) Not a huge problem since rooms at the Venetian are HUGE and have a pull-out couch, but you're kids will have to be comfortable on a pull-out couch as 'opaque buyers' get king bed rooms at the Venetian.

Mandalay Bay has a lazy river pool which is the big draw for kids... but it also has my least favorite location on the strip if you intend on doing a lot of sightseeing on this trip and i'm not sure how 'fun' the hotel itself is for kids.

So even with the MB having the great pool for the kids, $150+ for these dates also seems high (and i'm not clear whether you're comfortable declaring quad occupancy or not.. which may put you over your budget at this property).

In addition to the above:

Flamingo is bit lower quality than those discussed above, but a very good value at well under $100/nite (and no add'l charge for kids :) ). They have a great pool (admitedly not as great as Mandalay Bay) as well as penguins and flamingos on the premises.

Paris is another option, less expensive than the MB, but higher quality than the Flamingo... not sure how 'fun' for the kids though (other than staying at the Paris hotel with a replica of the Eiffel Tower)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

New York New York also has some decent rates for most of your dates ($89-79). I'm not sure if it's super exciting for kids, it's got a roller coaster.

Mandalay is the very last stop on the strip but I think the monorail runs there. It also has a great pool/beach and a shark reef with real sharks swimming around.

Also the promotional rates at The Mirage appear to be close to your max too, however, as thereuare mentioned apparently it's customary in Vegas to tack on some additional fees for more then two people (" Triple and quad rates are available upon requestat $30 for each additional person (four maximum)").

Finally, here's what appears to be an even cheaper Paris deal. NOte also, there's $59 Bally's and $69 Harrah's for some of your dates on this link too.

Be warned, these deals appear to be based on double occupancy so you better sneak them kiddies in.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]