Choice Hotels credit card offer

dhammer53
By dhammer53,
in

Submitted application. Thanks for posting this, dhammer53!

Another opportunity is the Marriott Visa card. Acquiring it gets two free nights. One one-night certificate that comes in the mail as soon as you're approved, and then 15,000 bonus points upon first use, enough points for a night at many locations.

I received the Marriott offer in the mail a month or two ago and held onto it, something i never do with credit card offers. In looking at it further, the two free nites were only at a 'class x' hotel and to the location i thought i would use the free nites (an upcoming vacation) only had hotels that were well above that hotel class (as were the majority of hotels in their system)... so just make sure that you're going to use the Marriott free rooms before applying.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Last year I used my Marriott points (earned from the credit card offer) at a Marriott affiliated property.

Such as:

Courtyard, Renaissance Inn, Renaissance.

You have some options. :)

When you start adding up how much you're saving on hotel nights, these credit card deals become worth it.

After the points post to your account (sign up for a free account), nothing stops you from cancelling the card. :) :o :)

After the points post to your account (sign up for a free account), nothing stops you from cancelling the card.

Careful, most cards' fine print states that the account must remain open for so and so (usually 6 months) or the points/miles may be taken back. So be sure to wait out the term before canceling.

• 1 month later...

Just a few days left before this offer expires.

I booked one of my nights in Denver, and a second night in Rochester. I still have a few thousand points left. I may actually use the card to earn a few more points. :)

If I were to use Priceline for a hotel stay, minimum cost is $50 a night. Redeeming my points saved me at least $100. :)

PS. thereyouare, congrats on the story in the California press. Maybe you can provide a link. :o

I am currently using up my three free nights at a Comfort Inn near SFO. Very nice place and I figure I would have otherwise spent about $190 on Priceline. I hope Bank of America will forgive me for using their Visa card just once, for a starbucks cup of coffee... ;-)

From the Marriott Visa card, I used the certificate for one night at a Residence Inn, and the 15000 points for two nights at a TownPlace Suites in San Jose. This Visa card was used to pay for another cup of coffee...

Six free nights just for getting credit cards... a value of more than $400. Keep the offers coming!

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah, I signed up for both these promos in recent months. I sign my wife up separately, so we get double benefits. We've also snagged 25,000 American Airlines miles and 20,000 United miles this year with no fee as well.

By now I almost dread to do these things, but I basically have a $200 threshold. If the free benefits are worth more than $200 to me, I apply.

There are some people who believe acquiring several credit cards and then cancelling them within a year damages your credit score. That's not really important to us, but if it matters to you, you might want to check on this before doing these deals. It is otherwise amazing how much free travel you can get from the credit card companies these days. They are truly desperate to sign up new card members.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]