CA Sacramento Doubletree Areden

badrhino
By badrhino,
in

I just got back from my stay at the Doubletree Arden. The hotel is a large facility with at least five wings and a main building with conference facilities.

In general, the place was pretty nice. For $66/night, it was a good value.

Key issues to consider:

1) When I showed up, they quickly noted that I was a Hotwire customer, and they placed me in a lower-end double room on the first floor of one of the oldest wings (El Dorado).

2) Near the end of my stay, I had some loud neighbors. After contacting the front desk, I was moved to an excellent double room in the newest wing (Cal Expo). It was a fantastic room.

3) The personnel were all very helpful and competent.

4) The fitness facility is well equipped with three treadmills, two stair steppers, a bike or two, and a decent weight system.

5) Internet access is hard wired in your room and COSTS $10 EXTRA PER DAY....#$!%@. Wireless access is available for free in the lobby area, which also has two desktop computers freely available for guest use.

6) The onsite restaurant had buffets available for all meals, but the overall quality and value were a bit disappointing. However, there are a lot of restaurants within walking distance.

7) There is a lot of shopping available within walking distance.

I'd stay there again, but I'd do what I could to get into that Cal Expo wing.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]