Priceline Hotel: 4* London (Notting Hill-Baywater) Hilton Kensington

Daniel1978
By Daniel1978,
in

Hi everyone,

I am trying to get a cheap hotel room at Priceline for a stay from Oct 5 thru Oct 7 (2 nights).

Although my last use is just weeks away, something seems to have changed. My favorite zones in London are Bloomsbury-Marble Arch, Mayfair-Soho, and - for a cheaper price of course - Notting Hill-Bayswater and Kensington-Earls Court-Knightsbridge.

Strange thing - when bidding for zones, I don't get counteroffers the usual way (add by $17 or $22), but I get a totally unknown screen where Priceline is telling me that they didn't find a hotel room for my specific bid, but for $110 (Bloomsbury-Marble Arch), $90 (Kensington) or $76 (Notting Hill). Did anyone of you get this screen before ?

The usual counteroffers always seemed to be fake - when getting one you could be pretty sure to get accepted when raising the bid by approx. $5. This time, I got this screen when bidding $50, and had no success with bidding up to $72 - not even at Notting Hill where the "counteroffer" was $76 !

Is it still too early to bid for a stay in October or does Priceline have a little "defect" and is telling me the minimum bid which is being accepted in a zone ? However, has anyone of you been successful after getting this "new" counteroffer ?

Kind regards,

Daniel

Tried several times in various zones. Focussed on Notting Hill Bayswater zone and bid from $50 on. Got special counteroffer of $76, but ignored. Increased instead, and got accepted at the Hilton London Kensington at $70. Grand total of $173.29 .

Regards,

Daniel

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]