Priceline Hotel: Marriott Brooklyn Bridge?

tracyha
By tracyha,
in

Have a wedding to attend last weekend in September in Brooklyn and bride is recommending we stay at Marriott Brooklyn Bridge at a wedding rate of $199. Is it possible to isolate this hotel on Hotwire or Priceline and try for a better rate that way? Any nearby hotels anyone can recommend?

this is acutally a pretty good rate for the Marriott, I recently needed to stay near Brooklyn and the rate was $309. This hotel has not been reported as a "win" using Priceline, but you could always try and be the first! :)

There are very few hotels in this immediate area and rates are typically quite high.

Depending upon how many 'events' you'll need to be attending for the wedding (rehersal dinner?, wedding reception/ceremony, brunch the next morning?) vs. how much 'free time' youll have, i'd suggest staying in Manhattan and taking the subway/taxi to the wedding event(s). This will give you more time to explore see the city (assuming you want to combine some NYC stuff with this stay) and you'll have actually have things to do while not busy with the wedding activities.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks thereuare. We had a wonderful time at Hilton in New York in June that we got through this forum. Any bidding strategies you would recommend for the September dates I mentioned?

P.S. Plan on using SavingsBarn again to access priceline and looking for a 3 to 4 star property- Thanks!

Probably September 28 through October 1.

Let us know when your dates are firm and we'll then have a look at the particulars of this stay.

I assume you'd be looking at bidding Manhattan, or are you looking at bidding Brooklyn? If Manhattan, exactly where is the wedding and would you more likley commute there via taxi or subway? Depending upon wedding location, and how many times you'll need to 'commute' there, this may make Downtown Manhattan an option as well.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

There are very few hotels in this immediate area and rates are typically quite high.

We will be going on a cruise in August from Red Hook terminal in Brooklyn and will spend couple of nights in New York before our cruise. We are not too sure where to stay and need some of yours advise on this. Is it better to stay in Brooklyn near the pier or lower Manhattan? It is my understanding that some of the hotel in town do not accommodate more than two people. For three of us is it worth to stay near the airport and take public transit to town during our stay in New York?

• 5 months later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]