Join Hotel Affinity Programs

thereuare
By thereuare,
in

Although your Priceline/Hotwire stay won't earn credit towards the hotel's program, you will still often be given many of the perks associated with the program.

Depending upon the hotel, this may include free morning newspaper, free local phone calls, continental breakfast, late check out, etc.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Some hotels actually do give miles/points for Priceline stays. In return, I favor them on business trips whenever I can book them at rates not exceeding my employer's allowance.

I strongly recommend that you enroll in every program and always present your card when you check in.

• 3 weeks later...

Actually, I've gotten stay credit at the various Hiltons on P/L rates. All you do is charge some small incidental to your room, and voila!, stay credit! This will help in maintaining your status with them, if that's important to you. (It is to me!)

Otherwise, as a Hilton HHonors Gold, I'm treated just as if I were on any other type of paid stay: lounge access, room upgrades, newspaper of choice, etc.

• 4 weeks later...

That's a good tip on charging an incidental. I always present my Wyndham By Request, Hilton or Hyatt number when checking in. On a few occasions I've received the mileage credit but it doesn't seem to be happening anymore. Wyndham was still gicing the WBR "welcome package" to me on PL stays but that has evaporated. Not a problem... you still get free high speed Internet access with your WBR number regardless of how the room was billed.

Speaking of which.... does anyone know of a way to trabsfer hotel points to a FF mileage account with one of the airlines before you get enough points for a free ticket? Hilton had a sign-up bonus and some other free point deals awhile back. I ended up with 8500 points but almost never stay in Hiltons and will never acquire enough to get a free ticket from them.

Phaelon,

I don't know the milage question, but you may want to check out WebFlyer which is very good on this type of things.

One of our members, 'gleff', writes a blog at the above websiteand is very knowledgable about this subject; maybe you could send him a PM at the board here and ask him to reply to this post.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 weeks later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]