Priceline Hotel: 4* Orlando (Universal-Sea World) Peabody Hotel

jessica
By jessica,
in

Can you please pelase help with my 3 biddings. Thank you.

First Bid

I am trying to bid for a 4 star or Resort on Int'l Drive for the 21st Dec to 26th Dec. I noticed most people get the Peabody for around $75 to $110 per nith. I have been trying for a while now with no success. The rooms rates on the Peabody websites at $299 to $320 per night and the Renainsance is $199 per night. I am not sure whether PL just doesnt have the inventory, or whether I am going about it all wrong.

Traveling to Miami and back in between.

Second bid

Resort around the World Disney Area

29th Dec to 2nd Jan 07. Willing to pay $75 to $100 per night. If the hotel won is good, hoping to extend by a further 3 days,, if not will go onto the third bid.

Third bid

Back to Int'l Drive for 2nd Jan 07 to 5th Jan 07 looking to stay in 4* or resort $75 to $100

there's no way to guarantee you'll get a hotel on International Drive, but in general hotels in the Seaworld/Universal zone tend to be on International Drive or very close to it.........so I would say your best bet is to stick with that zone

we haven't seen the Renaissance resort come up in a very long time, you're right about the Peabody coming up pretty consisently

because your trip is about 6 months away it might take a while before you get a succesful bid for cheap, but you've got quite a long time to try

You should also check JW Marriott Grande Lakes rates for your dates. It has been coming up much more frequently than the Renaissance since the Ren.'s remodel... The JWM is very nice, but a short distance from I-Drive. Closer to Sea World than anything else, it is right next door to the Ritz. It is much newer and nicer than the Ren., and prob. beats the Peabody too. If you were going during the summer, I'd recommend it just for the Lazy River pool. It's just that the location isn't as central. If I-Drive location is crucial to you (esp. if you won't have a car), bidding on the U/SW zone should probably be limited to 4*, or perhaps 3* if you're okay with that. I think you're bidding a little early, but keep trying... you have holiday/peak dates, so it'd be best get this one done early.

• 1 month later...

I had been trying to get a 4* or resort at this International Drive area for the past few months and have actually bid up to $120 with no luck.

The rooms were going for over $300 and the price on hotel website has just been reduced to $199. I screamed when the result came up, couldnt believe it.

I think we will now start to see the influx of xmas bidders for this area.

$75 per day 2 rooms $750.00

Taxes & Service Fees:

$110.08

Total Charges: $860.08

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]