Priceline Hotel: 4* Honolulu (Waikiki North or South)

buttonfly
By buttonfly,
in

• 1 month later...

True - Hawaii Prince goes for $130, sometimes $140. Rarely see 4* in Waikiki South for that low - usually the Marriott goes for $160-180. So make sure if you are wanting the South and you are well above $130 that you don't include Waikiki North, else you might wind up with the Prince at $150 or more and will have overpaid.

Oops. You wanted a strategy. Fortunately, you have plenty of free rebid zones if you want 4* - Airport (A), Executive Center (EC), Diamondhead (D), even Ihilani (I) since I've never seen it awarded. With Waikiki North (WN) and Waikiki South (WS), you have lots of permutations of bids:

1. WN

2. WN + A

close browser, start new session

3. WN + EC

4. WN + EC + A

5. WN + D

6. WN + D + A

8. WN + I

9. WN + I + A

10. WN + EC + D

11. WN + EC + I

12. WN + D + I

13. WN + D + I + EC

14. WN + A + EC + I

15. WN + A + D + I

16. WN + A + D + EC

17. WN + A + D + EC + I

You can then repeat the 17 bids with Waikiki South.

Then do it all over again with WN + WS and each permutation.

51 bids, all in one day. If no luck, start all over the next day a few dollars higher.

Sorry, I got carried away. Pretty silly, since it'd take you lots of time to do this much bidding, but it's possible. Seriously, If you start bidding in Waikiki North at $130, you've got a good shot of getting it on first bid. If not, start adding a few bucks and a free rebid zone. If you want Waikiki North, you'll probably have to start higher. And I wouldn't bid the two together if you don't want Hawaii Prince.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Buttonfly, don't know if you're still looking, but Hotwire appears to have the Prince for 171. Check it out.

If you think that's it, you should book right away, as offerings come and go quickly on Hotwire. If you want to bid on PL, you might be successful at 10-20% less. Be advised it looks like you could get an upgrade to Outrigger Reef in you bid 4* N now. Good luck!

Prince is 189 on Expedia and Outrigger Reef is 155 also on Expedia.

There is a lot of availability on Expedia in general--Sheraton Waikiki at 209, HHV at 229, etc. There should be a lot on PL as well, just a matter of amount and luck. I think you might be successful at 140 for the Prince. Again, good luck if you bid!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]