Hotwire Hotel: HELP! 4.5* in Los Angeles Downtown

jaffar
By jaffar,
in

Hotwire shows a 4.5* in Downtown LA for $77 and I was just about to snap it up (I thought it was the Hilton Checkers) when I realized the amenity icons do not match the ones found in Hotwire's 'vacation packages' - it is short of one 'spa' icon. Does anyone have any idea which other hotel in downtown LA warrants a 4.5* rating other than the Hilton Checkers?

I spent a lot of time trying to figure this one out and have made a guess that follows, but here is my thinking.

As most services don't offer 4.5* ratings, i looked at 4* above hotels in the zone and came up with the following list: Wilshire Grand, Hyatt Regency, Westin Bonaventure, Marriott LA Downtown, Millenium Biltmore, Omni LA, and Hilton Checkers.

Based upon previously known ratings and amenities, the list narrows down to Wilshire Grand or the Marriott (or Hilton Checkers with one less amenity).

Based upon what i have read about each property, my ranking of guesses (without knowning the properties, maybe somebody local could comment):

1) Wilshire Grand

2) Marriott

3) Hilton Checkers

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

thereuare,

thanks so much for helping me with the hotel eliminations!

I can pretty much strike out the Marriott Downtown because it has a full business centre.

Which leaves the Wilshire Grand, and that hotel in my opinion, is NOT 4.5*.

What makes it more frustrating for me is that Hotwire labels this hotel a 'customer favorite'.. I am considering taking the risk because I think the Hilton Checkers warrants it. We'll see .. I guess..

Thereuare:

I ended up booking the Beverly Hilton via Priceline at $85 a night.

I am 99% sure that the hotel offered at Hotwire is the Hilton Checkers now. Reading the latest customer favorite review shows this:

"I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at this hotel. The room was very cozy and comfortable, was extremely clean and very "spa" like, very luxurious. I was very pleasantly surprised with the quality of the hotel for the price I received and only wished I had more time to partake of the hotel facilities, particularly the spa."

Also, a previous review said something about the rooms having bathrobes, something Wilshire Grand does not offer.

My 2 cents worth.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]