Priceline Hotel: Disneyworld July29-31

tiger-fan
By tiger-fan,
in

Welcome to BetterBidding!

I'd start with this thread: I've Never Used Priceline

You can't select a specific hotel, you can only select a minimum star rating within a pre-defined geographical boundry (which is larger than the WDW grounds). Are you willing/able to stay in a hotel that you receive anywhere within the area that priceline defines as the WDW area?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

If you want to stay onsite at Disney, there are a lot of really good ideas about getting discounts as well as available discount codes at www.mousesavers.com. It is not my site, but I use it all the time... There are many special groups you may be a part of: military, nurse, teacher, gov't employee, Canadian, etc. that can score you a great rate. If all else fails, consider the Value Resorts. I'd rather stay onsite at a Value Resort than at a 5* offsite; transport to the parks esp. during the summer months is just too crucial IMO. You'd also be eligible for the Extra Magic Hours... it is sooo much cooler on those late evenings.

Edit: Priceline is useful tho' for arrival day... esp. if you're getting in early and don't want to waste a theme park ticket. Some of the resorts in the area are destinations in themselves... in particular, I'm thinking of the triple themed atriums at the Gaylord (WDW zone) and JWMarriott's (Universal zone) lazy river pool and gorgeous landscaping/ boat rides.

I understand how priceline works. I just want to know what is an expectable price range for a resort hotel near Disney. What amont should I start, and end with. Also, are there any strategies I can use to give me a better chance to get a Disney hotel?

Thanks for the welcome.

I'm doubtful your maximum will be enough, but you can try the following...

You have 9 re-bid zones available when bidding Resort in the Orlando area. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select Resort...

Bid $55, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $60, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $65, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $68, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $71, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $74, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $77, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $80, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $83, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $85.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 5 months later...

It's WAY too early to lock in a non-refundable "resort" hotel in Orlando for next summer. Well, if you could get one for $50, I suppose I'd do it. Typically, the best deals in Orlando on Priceline happen in the last 60 days before arrival, sometimes only a couple weeks in advance. There are SO many hotels in Orlando that it's crazy to pre-pay until you see what else might be available. If it makes you feel better, try to periodically find the best REFUNDABLE hotel deal you can for your dates and then "get serious" when you have less than 90 days to go.

BTW, if you can postpone your trip a couple weeks, last year, for mid-August thru September, Disney was offering a sensational deal on its hotels. Basically, you could pay $79/night for a room at its "value resorts" and your whole family ate for free anywhere at Disney for the length of your stay. You'll find discussion of this "Disney dining" deal somewhere on this site. Will they offer it again this year? I doubt the exact terms will be the same because the deal was truly "too good to be true," but I certainly wouldn't want to be holding a non-refundable Orlando hotel deal when they did. FWIW, Disney announced their August deal around June.

Whoops!! I've got to look at those dates. :)

At least I think the point might be helpful to those thinking of bidding in Orlando. It certainly applies at off-peak times. Not sure about peak times -- especially where "peak" for the average tourist is not necessarily peak for the non-Disney resorts, which seem to do a lot of convention business. Like if you want a good deal at X-mas, I'm not sure whether it's best to bid early or late.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]