MA Boston Millennium Bostonian

thereuare
By thereuare,
in

Info Passed along by a friend of mine:

It's a boutique-style hotel- the rooms have balconies, and its on the expensive end. I've only been in the lobby and the restrooms, but its a gorgeous hotel.

There's a very nice lobby with lots of seating for reading or having coffee or alcoholic beverages. The bar is beautiful and there's a piano. There's also a

concierge, a doorman, and valet parking. I'd be concerned about the

noise factor as it is located at a busy intersection, and the Big Dig is just

a breath away, but I'm guessing the hotel has thermapane windows.

On Saturdays, around the corner from the hotel is the infamous fruit and

vegetable market that is only open on Saturdays. The hotel is plush.

I had a friend stay there, and I tried to deter her because of the cost.

She did rave about the hotel, and it is plush, but I don't think worth $300

plus per night, which is the rack rate. There's plenty of variety in

the area for restaurants and pubs. And, its well located to get to the

restaurants in Boston's North End -- its within walking distance.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 3 weeks later...

My wife and I stayed at this hotel in February. Bid successfully on Priceline.com for $100 per night. Hotel is very nice, great location...the only problem was the COLD! I don't mean the outside air. The hotel itself was freezing. The restaurant, bar area and rooms.

When we checked out, I informed the concierge, and she knocked $50 off my bill (had a $90 breakfast tab for four people on there).

I would stay again...just not in the dead of winter! :)

• 1 year later...

We booked the Millennium on Priceline in January 04 for $130 per night (October 14-16 stay) - it was the subject of mixed reviews but for the price, we weren't too pushed. It turned out to be far far better than we had expected.

The hotel is small enough & instead of a standard check-in desk, there are two small desks where staff sit & check you in/out. I had rung the hotel before to mention that we were honeymooners & was delighted to be told that our room was a queen suite overlooking Quincy Market. We were on the 5th floor (Room 524) & had a tiny french balcony. The room was spotless & there was a bottle of champagne waiting for us with the compliments of the Hotel Manager... cheers! The bathroom was spotless and had a huge oval bath, as well as both a fixed & movable shower hose.

Carpeting could benefit from replacement because it was lovely around the lift area, but was shabbier in the corridors... but it's not a major gripe. We ate out all the time - with Faneuil Hall & Quincy Market directly opposite, you'd be mad not to! We had a drink in the hotel's Atrium Bar on our last night & the bartender Rick was a pleasure.

There's a T station just across the street in Government Centre & taxis outside the hotel are plentiful... a great location

• 1 year later...

Just returned from Boston and the Millenium--stayed 5 days (May 06) which we won on Priceline for $115/night.

We were impressed with the hotel. As mentioned above, this is a fairly small hotel--a plus in my book. The lobby is intimate and the concierge is right in front of the door--friendly smile on arrival and departures. No huge crowds, no pool (so no smell of chlorine!), very quiet and relaxed. We were traveling with our teenaged daughter and were a little worried about the one bed issue (the hotel has NO 2 bed rooms, except suites). But we called ahead and were reassured that roll-aways were available.

We arrived at 11 am, checked in 4 hours early, no mention of "Priceline", were given a fairly large (by Boston standards!), King room to accommodate the roll-away and all was great! We were on the 8th floor which is accessible only by a second elevator which is down a long and winding corridor from the main elevator. The 8th floor has only 5 rooms so it really feels private. We had a corner room with windows on two sides but no balcony. The bathroom was lovely but a little small for 3 to share for 5 days!

Our only complaint was the elevator to the 8th floor was out for an entire day--not a big deal to run up and down one flight of stairs--but we were glad it was fixed before we had to move luggage!

There is a little patio/balcony right off the elevator on the 7th floor. It's not mentioned anywhere in the hotel literature or information so you might not find it if you aren't staying on 7 or 8. It's a small space with a few chairs and loungers. We finished several evenings with a glass of wine on our "private" balcony and I spent a quiet morning, reading in the sun.

Great location--the Big Dig is nearly finished (just topping it off with a garden) and you can stroll across it to the North End and the marvelous restaurants, historic sites and people watching. The "T" is very close, the taxis sit right across from the entrance near Fannueil Hall and Quincy Market. The "Freedom Trail" is just down the block and the 1st stop on most trolley tours is just beyond Quincy Market. It a perfect location even though we were in town for a wedding in Copley Square and the Back Bay--easy to get to and from, even in wedding finery.

All in all, a great spot.

• 1 year later...

Hi, we just stayed here Dec 15-17. We paid $129 a night on Hotwire. The location is great, right across from Faneuil Hall and it is pretty close to the T (Haymarket & State Stations). The room we received was kinda small as it was a corner shaped like a wedge. The tub was huge and the room was in pretty good condition but the bed was small as it seemed like a double. Gotta love the mini bar, $4 for a Coke and then a $2.50 restocking fee, no thanks.

The lobby bar is a pretty cool place to hang out. Overall it was good for the price we paid but not worth their regular rates.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]