Hotwire Hotel: 4* Niagara Falls Sheraton on the Falls

Likes There's Logo
By Likes There's Logo,
in

I'd been browsing Hotwire for a a few days, and the 4* prices were around $130. I'm fairly sure the offered hotel was a DoubleTree, based upon amenities and the one customer review that was reported.

Then today I was offered a 4* room for $80 ('retail' of $142.96), so I took it. It was a different hotel than what I originally shopped for, I believe, because the amenities seemed a bit different (I don't think Doubletree had 'golf nearby' as an amenity), and the average tripadvisor review for the hotel was 3.5 instead of 4, like the previously offered 4* hotel, and because no review quote was listed (what I believe was the other hotel did have an actual review quoted).

The amenities for what ended up being the Sheraton on the Falls were:

Restaurants

Fitness Center

High-Speed Internet Access

Golf Nearby

Pool(s)

Spa Services

Children's Activity Program

Business Center

Some online reviews list rooms at this hotel with 'no view'; I imagine that's what we got. But for $80, I can't complain. Cheapest price I saw at Hotels.com was $200. I checked Hotwire later today, and for what looks like the same hotel, the price is now $112.

Thanks, BetterBidding!

Let's cross our fingers and hope that they gave you a city view for that price. Those usually run around $125.00. In any case, depending on the time, they'll probably offer you an upgrade anyways.

You do not want to stay in the "no view" room at the Sheraton on the Falls. They should fill those rooms with exhibits from Clifton Hill. lol

Now I'm nervous! If the room is habitable, we should be OK, because we mainly plan just to sleep there.

On upgrades -- do they usually comp that, or say "For an extra $50, you can have cityview or fallsview or something?" I'm Gold at Sheraton, but I realize that's not supposed to be worth bupkis when booking through Hotwire.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]