Priceline Hotel: 2* Richmond (South) Ramada Inn

FJoePa
By FJoePa,
in

My family and I will be staying in Williamsburg for one night on Friday July 14th on our way to Ocean Isle, NC. I am fairly new to the board, however I did read about re-bidding and understand how it works. My question is how low should I start the bidding for a 3* hotel? How about a 2*? I see people post about 2 1/2* hotels but I don't see them listed on Price Line. Any help would be appreciated. By the way, I will be reserving either 2 or 3 rooms. Will this have any effect on the price? Thanks in advance for any help.

Dave

Welcome to BetterBidding!

The number of rooms you are booking should have no effect on the price of your accepted bid, except if a hotel has only loaded one or two rooms into the system and you are looking for more than they have offered at an opaque rate, but this is not usually the case.

Firm up your plans and let us know if you'll be needing two rooms or three, the dates of your stay, and your maximum bid for each star level... we'll then have the information we need to suggest a bidding strategy for you to follow.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the delay replying, I've been away and waiting to see which way we would be driving to Ocean Isle, NC after we stop in Williamsburg. I am going to head back to 295 to 95. I had considered taking 17, in which case I would have been open to staying in Newport News area.

Since I will be taking 295, I would also be interested in staying in Hopewell, I would say that my prices would be about $10 less to stay in Hopewell. I would pay $70 for 2.5* in Williamsburg. Thanks again.

This is how i would begin bidding. The first round is a bit of lowball given that prices are a bit higher for your dates, so dont' get discouraged if the first round is unsuccessful.

Select 3* Historic...

Bid $75, if rejected add Outlets...

Bid $80, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 2.5* Historic...

Bid $40, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 2.5* Outlets...

Bid $40, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 2.5* Historic and Outlets...

Bid $45, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 2* Historic...

Bid $30, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 2* Outlets...

Bid $30, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 2* Historic and Outlets...

Bid $35, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 2* Hopewell...

Bid $30 if rejected add Petersburg (first confirming that this area still only has 1* hotels, if you don't know how to do this please ask before bidding)...

Bid $35.

If the above is rejected, wait 24 hours from your last rejected bid and proceed as follows:

Select 3* Historic...

Bid $85, if rejected add Outlets...

Bid $90, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 2.5* Historic...

Bid $50, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 2.5* Outlets...

Bid $50, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 2.5* Historic and Outlets...

Bid $55, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 2* Historic...

Select 2* Outlets...

Select 2* Historic and Outlets...

Bid $45, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 2* Hopewell...

Bid $40, if rejected add Petersburg (first confirming that this area still only has 1* hotels, if you don't know how to do this please ask before bidding)...

Bid $45.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the help. I really appreciate it. I think I know how to check if Petersburg only has one star hotels, but I'm would rather be sure, if you can explain. I will be bidding the next couple days. I will be sure to let eveyone know how what I got.

Select St. Petersburg only and then click "NEXT" (or if on the 'new' java version look below and see if 2* is selectable)... on the next screen will show you the star ratings available.

If your plans are firm i would begin bidding now as the above may not be enough, and you'll need the extra days in order to bid again.

Are you able to tell how many stars a hotel is if they do not list stars next to them? For instance, under Hopewell, VA there is a Comfort Inn that is two stars and the other hotels do not show any stars? There is a Econo Lodge, Fairfield Inn, and a Hampton Inn.

You're looking at the regular hotel pricing section, with a list of hotels and prices? Those * ratings are not necessarily (and often are not) the same as in the bidding section. The zones are also not necessarily the same.

The section of the website you're looking at has nothing to do with what thereuare told you to try.

To determine what * levels are available, go to the bidding section and select only that zone, then click "NEXT" and see which * levels are available for bidding.

• 1 year later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]