NY NYC Airports Marriott LaGuardia LGA

frugola
By frugola,
in

I stayed here for one night on 6/8/06. It was a very clean, cheerful place. They gave me nonsmoking, double beds at my request. The front desk staff was extremely helpful and gave me endless driving directions. I paid $92 for the evening, which was less than the $299 on their website for the same evening.

Some drawbacks are the $22 parking fee and the paper thin walls. Other than that it had a nice warm indoor pool, a large fitness center, 2 different restaurants and free shuttle to LaGuardia Airport. I felt very safe here and enjoyed watching the jets take off across the street, seemingly one every 30 seconds.

• 2 weeks later...

Stayed here one night on a $92 bid. I was picking someone up late at JFK and didn't like the sound of the neighborhood surrounding JFK. Since Laguardia is only a 15 minute drive I decided to stay there. Needless to say, it's New York: so everything's overpriced.

The hotel is directly across from LaGuardia airport and you can see a jet taking off literally every minute. Surprisingly noise was not an issue, even with the 6 lane highway separating the hotel from the airport. They do provide a free shuttle.

It's a decent hotel with the usual Marriott courtesy and service. I wish every business in America could go through whatever training they provide.

The rooms were a reasonable size with a comfy chair, table, and a nice sized bathroom. As far as I could tell there were no restaurants walking distance, although the hotel kept a list of sightseeing opportunities, so I guess people were getting around. The hotel itself has 2 restaurant choices: expensive and less expensive.

The pool and exercise areas were fine and seemed to be in constant use.

The only drawback was the thin walls. Any raised voices carried right through. So we ran the radio on low level all night as "white" noise and did just fine. Parking was expensive, but it's new york.

• 2 weeks later...

I stayed 2 nights at this property. The hotel and staff are very nice and service is top notch.

Check in was easy and was asked what kind of room I needed. King, two doubles or? I took the king.

First thing I noticed on the way to my room was how wide the halls are. In most NYC area they are very cave like but these were huge. The room was also big, it was facing the higway/airport but was quite. The room was very quite.

Everything in the hotel is expensive:

Parking $22/day unlimited in and out.

internet $12.95/noon to noon

Local calls $1 per call (which is cheap compared to some places that charge for time on local calls)

I ate at the bar both nights not cheap but its right there and it is good.

Over all I was very happy with my stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]