Priceline Hotel: Louisville- bidding help requested

louisvillebound
By louisvillebound,
in

Hi,

I am looking for a 3 or 4 star hotel in downtown Louisville for 06/17/06-06/20/06.

I started by bidding $45 for 4* in downtown- rejected

Added 3* in downtown at $50-rejected

Added airport at $55-rejected

I wasn't sure if other areas have 3* or not (I know Louisville East has some) so I was afraid to rebid.

My husband is going to try bidding on his computer, so any strategies would be appreciated. I really don't want to go over $55 if I can help it....

Cheers,

Hi,

I will pay more (but looking at what a recent bidder got for Galt House) I would rather not.

If we are pushed, I would stay in the airport area, but I would rather pay less for this area as the hotels are not as nice or convenient.

The backup plan is really not fun- University accomodation (at $17 pp/pn).

I guess I'm wondering if there is a better strategy to try to get these hotels?

Cheers!

It all comes down to a function of price... if you've already bid your maximum and didn't get an acceptance, then your bids are currently too low for acceptaance at this time.

You can:

-wait it out and hope that (opaque) rates come down

-increase your maximum bid

-pursue other zones

There are strategies you can implement to make sure that you don't overbid, but there's no 'trick' to getting a hotel to accept your bid if you're already at your maximum bid. Hotels load rates into the system and you need to bid at least that amount in order to garner an acceptance.

Let us know which of your options you'd prefer to pursue and we'll try to help accordingly.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 4 weeks later...

It has been more than a year, but I have bid 4* downtown Louisville successfully 6 times, receiving the Brown twice and the Seelbach 4 times. The accepted bid was around $70 each time. I wouldn't recommend the airport options, those hotels are not at all nice. The only other zone I would recommend it Louisville East, where I have successfully pricelined the Embassy Suites numerous times, usually paying $45, never more than $48. This hotel is clean, spacious and offers a really good free breakfast. It used to be the only priceline 3* in the zone, but now the Marriot is also a possibility (although I have never won the Marriot).

• 2 years later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]