Hotwire Hotel: NMA-Water Tower 3.5 star?

MLW
By MLW,
in

Hi. Could you please help me identify the following:

December 27-28

North Michigan Avenue -- Water Tower

3.5 stars -- $71

Restaurant, Pool, fitness center, internet access, business center, tennis

I am taking my son to look at Christmas lights -- so the pool is a good thing.

Thnaks -- any help with ID would be greatly appreciated.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

This property has not yet been identfied by i'll take an educated guess (along with my thinking so perhaps somebody that knows the area better than I will be able to confirm/correct/dispute my thought process):

I could find the following hotels in the area: Westin, Drake, Sofitel, Millenium, Tremont, Crowne Plaza, and Radisson.

Westin, Drake, Sofitel, and Millenium are all higher rated than 3.5*, the Tremont and Crowne Plaza don't list a pool... so that leaves the Radisson. Taking a closer look it appears that they do indeed have all the amenities that Hotwire lists. Upon closer inspection all the other hotels in the list have been identified in the past with amenities other than what you list above.

NOTE: if i am correct, the Radisson lists their pool as 'seasonal' (which is another word for OUTDOOR pool) to which i say "call it seasonal or outdoor... it's too cold to swim in during the month of December in Chicago!" :) So if the pool was the selling point of this property, you may want to choose a different one. If the pool is more of an afterthought and you liked the price and zone location, then by all means go for it if you'd like.

If this one doesn't work out for you there are some other hotels of similar quality in the mid-$80's in the Chicago Loop and Wacker Driver zones (if you need help identifying any of them feel free to ask for help in a reply to this thread)

If you move forward please let us know how it worked out and identify the property for us. Feel free to ask any additional questions you may have.

THANKS!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks much for the help. A hotel that I am sure is the Westin is available for that date for $80 -- I might go with that one to try their "heavenly beds." Or, the Wyndham (which does have an indoor pool, albeit a small one) is having an internet sale and has rooms for $59!!! but not on Saturday nights, so I'd have to come in during the week, which would actually be o.k. So I'll think about it, and let you know if I go with either of the hotwire options, and if I do I'll certainly go through SavingsBarn.com

Mary

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]