RETIRED: New Zone Boundaries, Star Levels, Name Changes?

ilander
By ilander,
in

• Replies 847
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've noticed that when Hotwire has no low cost rooms they now list Hotels.com in gray, listing amenities and star levels. Currently, Rochester NY for May15 shows places that would have been helpful in the past (Country Inn and Suites 2.5 * S. Rochester Complimentary Breakfast Fitness Center Pool(s) Laundry Facilities) (West Rochester - Comfort Inn West 2* (breakfast, laundry). (West Rochester Holiday Inn Express Rochester-Greece, 2.5*, Complimentary Breakfast Fitness Center Business Center High-speed Internet Access )

All these add or correct your current list.

• 3 weeks later...

Priceline, San Diego CA.

The old Mission Valley zone is now split into Mission Valley and Kearny Mesa-Mission Valley North. The new Mission Valley goes to 3.5*. Kearny Mesa-MVN goes to 3*.

Mission Valley

3.5* Doubletree Mission Valley

3.5* Hilton Mission Valley

3.5* Marriott Mission Valley

3* Crowne Plaza

3* Doubletree Club

3* Handlery (formerly 2.5*)

3* Sheraton Mission Valley

3* Town and Country Resort

2.5* La Quinta Mission Valley (formerly 2*)

2* Comfort Inn & Suites-Zoo/SeaWorld

2* Kings Inn

2* Ramada Plaza Hotel Circle South

1* Extended Stay America-Hotel Circle South

1* Homestead Suites Mission Valley

1* Super 8

Kearny Mesa-Mission Valley North

3* Four Points

3* Holiday Inn Mission Valley (Murphy Canyon Road)

2* Extended Stay America-Mission Valley Stadium

2* Ramada Conference Center Kearney Mesa (Kearney Mesa Road)

[The old hotel list shows a 2.5* "Holiday Inn Zoo" in Mission Valley zone. I don't find such a hotel and I think the poster who reported it was probably referring to the Holiday Inn Mission Valley.]

Looks like Colfax beat me to reporting the breakdown of the Mission Valley zone. Here are some more San Diego Priceline updates:

Downtown and Harbor Island

The Staybridge Suites is now the Worldmark San Diego, which I don't believe is available through Priceline.

Escondido - Vista

The Lake San Marcos Resort has been downgraded to 2*.

Mission Valley

As Colfax mentioned above, the La Quinta Inn Mission Valley has been upgraded to 2.5*.

North County Coastal

The Holiday Inn Legoland has been renamed the Holiday Inn Carlsbad By The Sea.

The Howard Johnson Encinitas has been upgraded to 2*.

Point Loma - Shelter Island - Old Town

The Holiday Inn Express Old Town has been upgraded to 2.5*.

Rancho Bernardo

The Staybridge Suites has been upgraded to 3*.

Also, one minor correction to the San Francisco Priceline list: the Best Western Miyako Inn (Civic Center) is now the 2* Best Western Hotel Tomo, not the Hotel Kabuki (which used to be the Mikayo Hotel, a different property from the Best Western).

Sorry, I left out one zone:

San Diego Coastal

The Paradise Point Resort has been upgraded back to 4*

The Holiday Inn Express Mission Bay has been upgraded to 2.5*.

Oakland-East Bay (Pleasanton zone).

Effective May 20, the Radisson Dublin-Pleasanton was rebranded to the Holiday Inn Dublin. Both Priceline Vacations and retail hotel products rate Holiday Inn Dublin 3 stars, which is an upgrade from from the former 2.5 star Radisson.

• 2 weeks later...

Priceline zone change in Monterey, CA.

The former Monterey-Pacific Grove zone is split into separate Monterey and Pacific Grove zones. The new Pacific Grove zone only goes to 2*.

All reported hotels in the former Monterey-Pacific Grove zone are in the new Monterey zone. There are several 2* in Pacific Grove but none has been reported as a Priceline win yet.

Also, there are two different Ramada Limited hotels in the Monterey zone. The one in the Hotel List is the Ramada Limited Monterey at 2058 North Fremont. The other is Ramada Limited Monterey-Carmel at 1182 Cass Street, so far unreported. A couple bidders have reported winning a Ramada without mentioning the address, so the Cass one might have come up. But for all reports that included an address it's been the one on North Fremont.

Since the Colorado Springs zones have been renamed and realigned I went through the hotel list to figure out which hotels fall into which "new" zones.

The South and Airport COS zones didn't change so I didn't see any updates needed there.

The 3 you have listed in the Air Force Academy zone (3* Staybridge Suites, 2.5* Fairfield Inn North (previously 2*), and 2* Howard Johnson) are all correctly placed in that zone.

The hotel list still shows a North zone which has been renamed to Central. Of the hotels you are currently showing in North zone the correct placement would be as follows:

Air Force Academy:

3* Hilton Garden Inn

2* Hampton Inn I-25 North - this is the one on Commerce Center Dr

(be aware that with the expanded zone there is ANOTHER Hampton Inn, on Republic Dr, also in the zone, but I don't think it's been reported yet)

Central:

3.5* Marriott Colorado Springs Wyndham REVIEW

3* Hyatt Place

2* Towneplace Suites REVIEW

2* Extended StayAmerica West

Also the following hotels on the list are out of business:

2.5* Silverwood Hotel and Conference Center 3* Park Plaza

2* Best Western Pikes Peak--

The Silverwood became a privately owned church retreat center and the Best Western was torn down for new development.

Hope this helps