RETIRED: New Zone Boundaries, Star Levels, Name Changes?

ilander
By ilander,
in

• Replies 847
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Priceline updates/corrections:

(There are also two previous posts I wrote over the Christmas holidays that were missed.)

Orlando, FL:

Airport

The Rensaissance Orlando Airport has been upgraded to 3.5*.

The Amerisuites Airport Northwest is now the 3* Hyatt Place Airport Northwest (which is already on the hotel list).

The Holiday Inn Select Airport is now just a Holiday Inn.

Disney Maingate - Celebration

The Calypso Cay has been downgraded to 2*.

The Home Suite Home is rated 2*.

The Fun Spots Hotel at Fountain Park is now America's Best Inn Maingate East (still rated 1*).

Downtown

The Sheraton Downtown is now the Sonesta Hotel Orlando Downtown.

The Embassy Suites has been upgraded to 3.5*.

Kissimmee

The Travelodge Suites Eastgate is in the Disney Maingate - Celebration zone, not this one.

Maitland - Altamonte Springs

The Hotel Altamonte Springs is now the Clarion Inn and Conference Center (still rated 2.5*).

The Extended Stay Deluxe Maitland Summit is rated 2*.

SeaWorld - International Drive - Convention Center

The Doubletree Resort I-Drive has been upgraded to 3.5*.

Universal Orlando Resort Area - International Drive North

The Holiday Inn and Suites Universal is in the Seaworld - International Drive - Convention Center zone.

The Holiday Inn I-Drive is now the International Palms Resort (still rated 2.5*)

Portland, OR:

The Hotel Fifty (Downtown) has been upgraded to 3.5*.

Phoenix, AZ:

The Orange Tree Golf Resort (North Scottsdale) has been mysteriously downgraded to 2.5*.

Toronto, ON:

Vaughan - North York

The Westin Prince and Radisson East are in the North York East zone. The other hotels listed are in this zone.

Vancouver, BC:

The Cascadia Hotel and Suites is in the Granville Entertainment District zone, not the Downtown zone.

• 3 weeks later...

Orlando, FL Priceline updates:

Priceline has created a new zone -- Orlando Airport West - FL Mall Area -- from the Sand Lake Corporate Park zone and the westernmost part of the Orlando Airport zone. The reported hotels in this new zone are all of the hotels in the Sand Lake Corporate Park zone and the Florida Hotel and Conference Center from the Airport zone.

The Crowne Plaza Universal has been upgraded to 4*.

I don't know when this change happened, but I was surprised to see it yesterday when I started looking at bidding.

When you put in Washington DC for bidding, you'll now get these zones with top star level:

Alexandria East 4*

Alexandria West 3.5*

Arlington 4*

Bethesda MD 3.5*

Convention Ctr/Capitol Hill 4*

Crystal City 4*

DC Suburbs - Northeast 3*

Dupont Circle - Woodley Park 4*

Georgetown - Foggy Bottom 4*

Mount Vernon 2*

National Harbor 4*

Silver Spring MD 3.5*

White House - Downtown 4*

The Alexandria split has been previously noted, but the two former Maryland-DC Suburbs zones getting moved in is apparently fairly new. Springfield has been removed to the Northern Virginia area to live with Fairfax, Dulles, Tysons, Falls Church, etc. Why they didn't just put Mt Vernon in there too I don't know, as they are close, but it's very helpful to continue to have the 2* max zone for rebids. Also new to me is 4* in Crystal City. Something must have been upgraded.

The Maryland zones have been reorganized a bit as well. College Park gets its own; it does not come over to DC with Silver Spring. Rockville becomes its own with Gathersburg-Germantown representing the farther out space along that corridor. Others seem to stay the same at least in name, and there's a new Camp Hill zone.

I've never used the Maryland zones and probably would be less likely to do so now, but it seemed worth bringing up for the changes to DC bidding.

Thanks for all the work in keeping up the hotel lists, always a most helpful feature in working out where to bid.

• 3 weeks later...

Priceline updates:

The Wyndham Orlando International Drive has been downgraded to 3*.

The Silver Cloud Broadway in Seattle (Downtown - Pike Place) has been downgraded to 3*, likely due to the temporary closure of its restaurant for renovations. The restaurant is scheduled to reopen in June under a different name.

The Mondrian Scottsdale is now the Hotel Theodore; there doesn't appear to be a listing for it yet on Priceline.

Forgive me if this is in some way erroneous, but I believe that Hotwire redrew the area map today. Gone is the "Central Strip" area completely. The Trump (used to be considered central) is now listed as "Las Vegas Strip-North Area Condo" as is several others. What I assume to be Paris or TI is the same thing. Does anyone have any more information about this? We may have to redo the hotel list.

Thanks for letting us know.

At first glance looks like just the Trump is in the new zone... but i'll have to take a closer look to confirm that Treasure Island and Mirage are not included in the new zone.

Bottomline is that this looks to be good news for Vegas bidders who were hoping to avoid the Trump.

We'll update the hotel list as soon as i have time to look further.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

A minor correction requested under the Hotwire / California / San Diego (Sea World-Mission Bay-Shelter Island) listing.

3* Holiday Inn Express (DeSoto Blvd) (previously 2.5*)

The hotel is located on De Soto Street, not DeSoto Blvd. Although the potential for confusion is slight, this is probably the least desirable hotel location within the zone and it may be easier for tourists to easily catch it on a map.

Thanks for splitting hairs with me!

Unusual Priceline updates:

1. Many Homewood Suites hotels have been downgraded to 2.5* stars; I don't know why. The following reported hotels have been downgraded; I'm sure that others can find more in other cities:

Seattle: Homewood Suites Seattle Downtown (Seattle Center - Space Needle) and Homewood Suites Convention Center - Pike Street (Downtown - Pike Place).

Phoenix: Homewood Suites Phoenix Metrocenter

San Francisco: Homewood Suites San Francisco Airport North (South San Francisco)

Orlando: Homewood Suites International Drive/Convention Center (Sea World - Intl. Drive - Convention Center)

2. As discussed in the Las Vegas forum, the Las Vegas Strip Vicinity North zone has been split into Las Vegas Strip Vicinity North and Las Vegas Strip North. The new Strip Vicinity North zone was created solely to isolate the Trump from the other hotels in the old Strip Vicinity North zone, which are now in the new Strip North zone. Judging from the zone description given by Priceline, they're not even really trying to hide this fact. Perhaps they were losing too much business to Hotwire.

• 2 weeks later...