RETIRED: New Zone Boundaries, Star Levels, Name Changes?

ilander
By ilander,
in

• Replies 847
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, it's in the Embarcadero zone. I just checked Hotwire's map, though, just to make sure there's been no changes that would place it in USE zone. Park Hyatt is located at the corner of Battery & Clay, which is clearly within the boundaries of the Embarcadero zone.

No doubt the confusion stems from the fact that this hotel is in Priceline's USE zone.

PL Disneyland zone now includes Garden Grove--anyone bidding for Disneyland should be aware of this bad move on PL's part. No hotels in Garden Grove are on BB's list so no changes are necessary in that regard. I doubt too many people had a need to bid the Garden Grove zone other than to use it as a free rebid (I believe the * level formerly went up to 2 or 2.5). But bidders should be aware when bidding now for Disneyland or Anaheim Convention Center they could get a hotel that's waaaaay far away. I predict PL is going to have a lot of upset customers if very many receive a hotel that's by Brookhurst and the 22 Fwy when they were looking for something by Disneyland, as the zone name suggests.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

'Heads up' the 3.5* Crowne Plaza Union Square San Francisco has been upgraded to 4* per Hotwire's vacation package.

Amenities are:

Restaurant

Fitness

Hi-Speed Internet (new amenity)

Business Center

Are we seeing any sort of upgrade pattern w/Hotwire as more & more hotels add hi-speed internet?

This now makes four 4* properties in the US-East zone with Hi-Speed Internet being the only amenity icon that distinguishes the Crowne Plaza from the Grand Hyatt, Westin St Francis and Argent.

I was checking on the prices for the Hyatt for various weekends, and it didn't seem to come up as an option (no 5* listing). However, in the 4.5* category there were a variety of icons coming up on different dates (yet none with the boutique symbol, so ruled the Monaco out).

Anyhow, I checked the packages in the Hotel product and it looks like they're now listing the Hyatt as a 4.5 star. This may make hotel identification a bit more difficult, especially if they periodically drop off amenities (such as the pool or boutique symbol) I might get this property mixed up with the Sheraton or Monaco.

Glad I grabbed the Hyatt when I knew what it was!

Something to watch for...

Cheers.

Thanks, looks as if they're one in the same, with the official name begin Sheraton Hotel and Marina, although sometimes both Pricelnie and Hotwire ammend the names slightly.

Can somebody local to the area confirm that there is only one Sheraton in this zone?

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I was checking on the prices for the Hyatt for various weekends, and it didn't seem to come up as an option (no 5* listing). However, in the 4.5* category there were a variety of icons coming up on different dates (yet none with the boutique symbol, so ruled the Monaco out).

Anyhow, I checked the packages in the Hotel product and it looks like they're now listing the Hyatt as a 4.5 star. This may make hotel identification a bit more difficult, especially if they periodically drop off amenities (such as the pool or boutique symbol) I might get this property mixed up with the Sheraton or Monaco.

Glad I grabbed the Hyatt when I knew what it was!

Something to watch for...

Cheers.

Forgive me, but what city are we speaking of here?