RETIRED: New Zone Boundaries, Star Levels, Name Changes?

ilander
By ilander,
in

• Replies 847
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Hotwire update for St. Louis -Clayton: Crowne Plaza St. Louis Clayton bumped from 3* to 3.5*

3.5*

Crowne Plaza St. Louis Clayton

7750 Carondelet Avenue,

Saint Louis,MO,63105

(314) 726-5400

New Amenities not previous listed on pinned Hotwire list in Bold

Airport Shuttle, Fitness Center, Pool(s) ,Restaurant(s), Business Center, Laundry Facilities, High-speed Internet Access, Tennis Nearby, (NO ICON but on receipt: Children's Activity Program)

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Moderator :)

The Annabella Hotel is on the same street/Side as the Anaheim Convention Center and the Hilton, which logically may make it Disneyland South, but logic doesn't always translate to Hotwire :)

Orange County (Anaheim - Disneyland North)

3.5* Anabella

Amenities: Boutique, Restaurant, Pool, Fitness, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Laundry

(VP currently showing Boutique icon again)

Looking to see how far I can make 4.95 days of vacation go...

Thanks for the info.

As far as i can tell, Katella Ave is not the boundary for this zone. The Anabellla is on Katella, putting it in the Southern most part of the Disneyland North zone... whereas the Hilton is on Convention Way, bout it near the North end of the Disneyland South zone.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

It looks like the Priceline zones for New Orleans have changed since the last time I looked.

The old split between CBD and Conv Ctr ran parallel to the river, splitting the Superdome vicinity from the Convention Center area. After Katrina, they were combined ito a single zone, if I recall correctly. Now, the split runs perpendicular to the river, along Poydras St.

The map shows the "Downtown" zone starting way down at the River, including everything between Canal and Poydras Streets. The re-christened "Convention Center and Warehouse - Arts District" covers the area between Poydras and the Expressway.

Also of note is that the French Quarter zone has been greatly expanded. It used to border at Rampart and at Esplanade. Now, it includes parts of the Treme and Maringny neighborboods, spanning all the way up to Claiborne and downriver to Montegut. Now, I'm not aware of any hotels above the 1* or maybe 2* level in these neighborhoods, but it is concerning, because parts of the new zone are both inconvenient to the tourist areas and more crime-prone than the FQ proper.

Also on your Hotel List, the Fairmont has finally re-opened, as the Roosevelt, part of Hilton's Waldorf Astoria collection. No idea if it participates via PL.

Priceline's Scottsdale zone has been split into two zones: Scottsdale and North Scottsdale.

Phoenix (Scottsdale)

Resort Hyatt Regency Scottsdale

Resort JW Marriott Camelback Inn Resort

Resort Scottsdale Resort and Conference Center

4* Doubletree Paradise Valley

4* Hilton Scottsdale Resort

4* Mondrian

4* Scottsdale Plaza Resort

3* Courtyard Old Town

3* Hotel Indigo

3* Millenium McCormick Ranch

3* Scottsdale Cottonwoods Resort (formerly Renaissance) (no longer a Marriott property)

3* Residence Inn Paradise Valley

3* Hyatt Place

2* Homestead Scottsdale

Phoenix (North Scottsdale)

4* Orange Tree Golf Resort

3* Courtyard Scottsdale North REVIEW

3* Residence Inn Phoenix North

3* Thunderbird Suites REVIEW

2.5* Hilton Garden Inn North/Perimeter (the other HGI is in the Scottsdale zone)

2.5* Springhill Suites

2* Extended Stay Deluxe

One more Priceline Phoenix update: the La Quinta Inn Chandler has been upgraded to 2.5*. Also, these earlier updates don't appear to have been made to the respective hotel lists.

• 2 weeks later...

Change in San Jose Region Zones

Just noticed that Mountain View and Palo Alto, which previously were a combined zone, are now separate zones in the San Jose region. The highest class in the Mountain View zone is 2.5* so this creates a new free rebid zone for 3* and above.

Odd to see Mountain View put in its own zone. It would have made more helpful (to me) to break out the combined Sunnyvale/Santa Clara zone, but I'm sure there is a reason for this change.

Change in San Jose Region Zones

Just noticed that Mountain View and Palo Alto, which previously were a combined zone, are now separate zones in the San Jose region. The highest class in the Mountain View zone is 2.5* so this creates a new free rebid zone for 3* and above.

Thanks for posting the zone split, jerrysch.

Reported hotels in the old PA/MV zone now divide as follows:

Palo Alto

3.5* Sheraton Palo Alto

3.5* Westin Palo Alto

3* Courtyard Palo Alto

3* Crowne Plaza

3* Hyatt Rickey's (closed and demolished)

Mountain View

2.5* Residence Inn Palo Alto-Mountain View (1854 El Camino)

2* Pacific Inn Mountain View (1984 El Camino)

There's another Residence Inn in the Palo Alto zone, so far unreported to the board.

Priceline's Universal Studios - Seaworld zone in Orlando, FL has been split into two zones: Seaworld - Intl. Drive - Convention Center and Universal Orlando Resort Area - Intl. Drive North.

Orlando (Seaworld - Intl. Drive - Convention Center)

Resort JW Marriott Grande Lakes

4* Peabody

4* Renaissance Orlando Resort

4* Westin Imagine

3.5* Rosen Centre

3.5* Rosen Plaza

3* Courtyard

3* Doubletree Castle

3* Doubletree Resort Orlando International Drive (formerly International Plaza Resort and Spa)

3* Hilton Garden Inn Seaworld Center

3* Homewood Suites

3* Hyatt Place Convention Center

3* Radisson Orlando International Drive (formerly 2* Orlando Metropolitan Resort)

2.5* Hampton Inn I-Drive Convention Center (8900 Universal Blvd)

2* Comfort Suites Universal South

2* Days Inn Convention Center

2* Extended StayAmerica Convention Center (Westwood Blvd)

2* Ramada Convention Center I-Drive

1* Imperial Swan Hotel and Suites (previously 2*)

Orlando (Universal Orlando Resort Area - Intl. Drive North)

3.5* Crowne Plaza Universal

3.5* Doubletree Orlando Universal

3.5* Wyndham Orlando (I-Drive)

3* Four Points Studio City Sheraton Studio City

3* Hyatt Place Universal

3* Residence Inn (Canada Ave)

2.5* Clarion Universal (now Best Western Orlando Gateway... not yet reported to the board)

2.5* Hampton Inn I-Drive North (7448 International Drive)

2.5* Holiday Inn I-Drive

2* Holiday Inn And Suites Universal (previously 3*)

2* Orlando Metropolitia PRICELINE EXPRESS

2* Extended StayAmerica Universal (Major Blvd)

2* Extended Stay Deluxe (Vineland Road)

2* Ramada Inn International Drive Lakefront (formerly 2.5* Wellesley Inn I-Drive)